NOTE: Location is flexible e.g. anywhere in Canada
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Our Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Architects are leaders. They’ve gained 10+ years’ experience in technology, 5+ years’ experience in Cloud and Cloud Multicloud Infrastructures and are ready to make a meaningful impact on our clients. Sometimes that leadership manifests in such deep technical expertise that they can lead and perform hands-on technical build, migration, and technical designs for projects to achieve client’s transformations and to help rescue clients from blocked or difficult projects. Translating client requirements, understanding client’s circumstances, and executing project services to support the design and implementation of converged infrastructure solutions, in order to deliver cloud operations, consolidate and protect workloads. You will use assets and reference architectures, build proof-of concepts, build and execute implementation plans, testing plans and deployment plans to address client requirements and work with products or solutions based on partner hardware and/or partner software.
IBM is making a big bet on cloud and we need people who have a deep technical background expertise in the technologies that will make our customers successful. To be a Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Architect at IBM you should be ready to be hands on from technical solutioning, project startup, implementation and project close.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Deliverable based driven
- Canadian Security L2 Cleared
- Client Facing Success Driven
- Client Satisfaction Focused
- Strong & Trusted relationships with clients
- Business Growth Passion
- Problem Solver & Creative Thinker
- Desired Outcome Focused
- Diligent and Engaging Communicator
- Timely and Accurate information keeper
- Works without supervision and strong collaboration
- Performs and Balances tasks on multiple concurrent projects across multiple customers
- Understands department/ functional mission and vision
- Exposed to demands of travel and irregular work hours
NOTE: Location is flexible e.g. anywhere in Canada
- Review and validate the BOM, assess client’s requirements, and product’s specifications/features.
- Create the required artifacts (design document, diagrams, build book, etc..)
- Design and Implement the infrastructure to support the solution
- Work closely with various teams to gather business and technical requirements.
- Accountable for successful delivery of highly complex, multi-disciplined consulting engagements that deliver lasting and measurable value to clients
- Develop a point of view, capture, prioritize and analyze technical (functional and non-functional) requirements
- Possess strong leadership skills and further the evolution of intellectual capital assets and developing architectural resources
- Manage the technical architectural contract terms and conditions
- Educate, mentor and coach teams in applying architectural techniques
- Facilitate and capture lessons learned from projects to update methodologies and assets
- Conduct architectural lunch and learns to disseminate knowledge
- Be a recognized as a technical though leader inside and outside of IBM
- Support company initiatives for offerings, contracts, technologies, and go-to-market
- Set priorities to build technical architectural and project assets/deliverables for repurposing
- Provided professional services (Design, Deployment, Troubleshooting, Assessment)
- Provided professional services to reinforce client’s security governance, and to improve and manage the client’s cybersecurity exposure.
- Implementation of clients’ technical strategy
- Designed and implemented a secure and compliant design and infrastructures solution meeting delivery criteria
- Increasing the quality, quantity and frequency of client conversations and engagements for project and implementation services opportunities
- Increase the awareness, applicability and value of consulting services with our clients, sales force and delivery organization
- Achieve a “trusted advisor” personas as viewed by our clients, seller and delivery organization
- Instill a sense of urgency and drive to close consulting practice deals
- Maximize the project and architecture practice abilities and capabilities to increase project and solution success
- Microsoft Azure Cloud
- AWS Cloud
- IBM Cloud
- Virtualization Infrastructures
- Red Hat Openstack, Openshift, Ansible, RHEL
- Multicloud Management
- Leading teams towards an outcome and break down impediments
- Applied Implementation “Hand on” using best practices to deliver cloud, network and/or security solution.
- Applied Mature Architecture design framework, principles and methodologies (high-level technical design, low-level technical design, and technical solution design integration)
- Strong Applied Azure Cloud infrastructure engineering and designing skills
- Strong Applied Azure Cloud connection and networking to other cloud skills
- Strong Applied Azure Cloud and Azure Cloud Connection problem determination skills
- Strong Applied Azure Cloud and Azure Cloud Connection performance analytical skills
- Strong Applied Azure Cloud Architecture design and best practice Azure infrastructure cloud and connectivity solutions
- Strong Applied Azure Cloud Security and CyberSecurity engineering and designing skills
- Strong Applied Redhat Openstack engineering, designing, implementation skills
- Applied Journey to Cloud Transformations (to IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) strategies and principles
- Applied Enterprise Automation strategies and principles
- Applied Enterprise Resiliency strategies and principles
- Applied Agile principles
- Applied Project Management practices
- Applied Managed Services principles
- Ability to Interpret requirements and create solutions
- Ability to Facilitate workshops
- Managing technical project workstreams to completion
- Ability to articulate key technologies’ impact on security, availability, cost, capacity, transformation, risk, business enablement and transformation objectives
- Ability to evaluate risk and merit to make recommendations
- Applied Client Facing Ability to understand and provide guidance and recommendations on solutions to address clients’ needs, challenges and transformations
- Evaluate risk and merit to make recommendations on available and speculative information
- Must have:
- University graduated in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications, Electronics & Electricals or any other related field.
- CyberSecurity and Firewall Certifications, Accreditations, or Badges
- Agile Fundamental Certifications, Badges or equivalent
- Azure Cloud Certifications
- AWS Cloud Fundamentals
- IBM Cloud Fundamentals
- Red Hat Openstack Accreditations
- Nice to have:
- Red Hat Openshift, RHEL, Ansible Fundamentals or equivalent
- Terraform and Python Fundamentals or equivalent
- MS Windows Server Fundamentals or equivalent
- Z-OS Fundamentals or equivalent
- IBM AIX, Linux, RHEL, UNIX Fundamentals or equivalent
- VMware and Citrix Fundamentals or equivalent
- Oracle Database Management Fundamentals or equivalent
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Canadian Security L2 Clearance ELIGIBLE
- Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications, Electronics & Electricals or any other related field.
- CCNP – Cisco Certified Network Professional
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bilingual (French & English)
- CCNP Wireless – Cisco Certified Network Professional Wireless
- ACMP – Aruba Certified Mobility Professional
- ACCA – Aruba Certified Clearpass Associate
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It’s a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking.If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, “What else is possible?” GTS isthe place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Key Job Details
- Country: CA
- State: ONTARIO
- City: Markham
- Category: Architect
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Position Type: Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Company: (0026) IBM Canada Limited – IBM Canada Limitee
- Req ID: 360108BR
- Travel Required: No Travel
- Min Salary:
- Max Salary:
- Location: Markham, ON CA