David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit for a High Frequency Trading Platform Developer, based in Toronto.
We are currently looking for a disciplined professional C++ Software Developer who is familiar with US Equities Market. The C++Software Developer would work on the design, implementation, and enhancement of a high-frequency trading platform and data retrieval system.
- Design, build and maintain a high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, high-frequency trading platform for US Equities Market, which includes order management, exchange connectivity, processing high volumes of ticking quotes and trades, and post-trade processing
- Design and implement highly reliable data ingestion processes to consume large volumes of data emitted by trading and market data systems.
- Design and implement a cloud-based data warehouse system
- Designing, developing and optimization of algorithms for quality & performance-optimized software development
- Contribute to architecture and technical design and implementation
- Developing and reviewing software requirements, designs, and test plans
- Documentation of existing and developing products
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or closely related field
- 10+ years of professional software development experience in C++
- Expert level professional experience in building production quality low latency feed handlers for NYSE, NASDAQ, ARCA and other US equity exchanges.
- Expert level knowledge in building data retrieval and execution systems for high frequency trading.
- In-depth knowledge of US equities market protocols including FIX
- Strong low-latency network programmingskill
- Experience with large-scale, multi-threaded application development
- Experience designing APIs for consistency, simplicity, and extensibility
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Experience developing distributed architecture systems and messaging protocols
- Prior experience with database application or data warehouse skills – SQL, No-SQL, RDB, HADOOP
- Familiar with cloud-based architecture design and implementation
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Chrys Platsis , Consultant, Aplin Information Technology. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly 4 decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com. #LI-DNP #IND-DNP