Mastronardi Produce pioneered the commercial greenhouse industry in North America, and we’re now the leading greenhouse vegetable company on the continent. Our award-winning, flavorful produce is packed under the SUNSET® brand and is available at leading grocery retailers across North America. Family owned for over 65 years, we pride ourselves on having the most flavorful products and the best people in the industry. We are constantly pushing boundaries to be a leader in fresh produce innovation. We seek individuals that demonstrate our PRIDE values (Passion, Respect, Innovation, Drive, Excellence) to help us fulfill our mission to inspire healthy living through WOW flavor experiences.
Our Kingsville, ON Head Office location is currently seeking IT Service Desk Tier 1 Specialists to join our Information Technology team.The essential function of this position is to provide Tier I support to the company’s end-user community. This role ensures that the company’s end-users can accomplish any business computing tasks. This includes actively resolving end user help requests within established SLAs. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual provide support using remote control software over the phone for multiple facilities.
To perform the job successfully, the incumbent’s behavior must be consistent with the PRIDE values expected of all Mastronardi Produce employees: be Passionate; have Respect; be Innovative; be Driven and strive for Excellence.
To perform the job successfully, the incumbent’s behavior must be consistent with the five Non-Negotiable Traits expected of all Mastronardi Produce employees: Be passionate; have absolute integrity; be self-motivated and determined; be a team player and behave as a professional.
These are remote opportunities until further notice.
Shift positions available:
Sunday – Tuesday and every other Wednesday, 12:00am – 12:00pm
Sunday – Tuesday and every other Wednesday, 12:00pm – 12:00am
Sunday – Tuesday and every other Wednesday, 8:00am – 8:00pm (Occasional shift changes)
Thursday – Saturday and every other Wednesday, 12:00am – 12:00pm
Thursday – Saturday and every other Wednesday, 12:00pm – 12:00am
Thursday – Saturday and every other Wednesday, 8:00am – 8:00pm (Occasional shift changes)
Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm (Frequent shift changes, designated gap filler)
- Microsoft Active Directory user, group and computer object administration
- Microsoft Office 365 account provisioning, de-provisioning and maintenance
- User device provisioning, including laptop, desktop and mobile, desktop phone
- Respond to telephone calls, email and service desk requests for technical support
- Build rapport with Mastronardi Produce business computing end-user community
- Record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
- Perform remote fixes at the desktop/laptop level, including installing and upgrading software and configuring systems and applications
- Maintain data integrity and system security for the desktop environment including installation of all antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up-to-date
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved
- Perform post-resolution follow ups with service desk customers to ensure satisfaction
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations
- Response and resolution of alerts generated at the desktop, server, and network levels. Escalation resources will be available when required
Strategy & Planning
- Assist in maintaining and updating IT incident & tracking software system and IT incident policy/procedures
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents
Acquisition & Deployment
- Assist in IT asset tracking & management of computers and peripherals, and telephony equipment
- Interface with application vendors as needed to resolve specialized issues
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in the Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning
- Fluent English with strong written and oral communication required. Spanish, French, or Danish a plus.
- No prior related work experience required, though experience in the field is considered an asset
- Work experience in a JIT production environment considered an asset
- Knowledge of advanced computer hardware, including desktops/laptops/tablets, mobile phones, printers/copiers (TEC, HP, Zebra, Canon, Ricoh, etc).
- Experience with desktop applications, desktop operating systems and server operating systems, including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite, and Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Terminal Services (RDP), MDM (AirWatch) and Video Surveillance Systems
- Working knowledge of a range of PC diagnostic utilities. Knowledgeable in managing and supporting antivirus system.
- Industry certification (e.g. MCP, MCDST, A+, MCSA, MCSE etc) considered an asset
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly and technical language
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed and keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Maintain high level of confidentiality with company information
- Complete a background and drug test screening
- Ability to work remotely or from our office environment, at company discretion
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Holiday availability a must
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components.
- Will be expected to appropriately handle stressful situations, multi-tasking, and critical deadlines
We are pleased to offer the following Benefits:
- Paid weekly
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Employee Engagement & Recognition Programs
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Please note: Mastronardi Produce has accommodation processes and policies in place and provides accommodation for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or documented medical need, please contact the Human Resource office so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodation to be put in place.