SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world’s largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C’s products and services.
Hedge Fund Performance Analyst
Status: Full Time
SS&C Technologies Inc., a world leading provider of comprehensive investment management solutions and services is looking for an individual to join the firm’s Fund Services division in the role of Hedge Fund Performance Analyst.
SS&C is the proven industry leader in integrated investment performance, attribution, risk and analytics solutions. SS&C’s services are used worldwide by hedge funds, asset managers, banks, pension plans and institutional investors.
As a member of the Performance & Analytics team, the Hedge Fund Performance Analyst will participate in new client implementations and will provide ongoing operational and analytical support to alternative investment clients (hedge funds, FoFs, private equity) using SS&C’s services and platforms. The Hedge Fund Performance Analyst can also expect to be involved in product management activities, such as testing of new functionalities and various other special projects. Responsibilities may include:
- Participating in implementations of new clients in areas of investment performance, attribution analysis, ex-post risk measurement and GIPS compliance
- Taking ownership of the ongoing production process, reviewing calculations and ensuring timely client deliverables
- Providing ongoing day-to-day operational and analytical support to clients
- Ensuring data integrity across multiple systems and ongoing review of data validation processes
- Regularly interacting with clients, product management teams, fund accounting teams and senior management to ensure effective business operation
- Cultivating relationships with both internal and external partners
- Keeping abreast of industry initiatives and market trends that impact the business
The ideal candidate thrives in a dynamic work environment, is creative and capable of working on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously. The candidate must be comfortable working with computers and software.
- Undergraduate Degree in business, finance, economics or related field
- Graduate degree in business, finance, economics; M.Sc. or MBA is an asset
- CIPM and/or CFA designation or demonstrated progress towards one is an asset
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in the financial industry, particularly in the alternative investments area is preferred
- Knowledge of investment accounting
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Superb people skills, strong team orientation and a professional attitude
- Knowledge and understanding of derivative products is an asset
- Knowledge of performance measurement, risk analysis and/or attribution analysis is a strong asset
- Relational database knowledge (MS-SQL, Oracle) and basic SQL querying
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Strong time management skills
- An extensive health benefit program
- Generous training allowance program
- Flex time
- Business casual work environment
- Team-oriented environment
To further explore this opportunity, please visit the careers section of our website at http://www.ssctech.com/careers/.
No phone calls please. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
- Pay Type Salary