Aon is looking for a Health and Benefits – Actuarial Analyst, Co-op (Toronto, Ontario and London, Ontario)
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health and Benefits Consulting business group within Aon, in our Toronto, Ontario office or our London, Ontario office. Please state preference for location in a cover letter.
As a Health and Benefits – Actuarial Analyst, under the general direction of the Team Leader, you will provide group consulting support with a focus on analytics to Health Strategies consultants in the servicing of existing clients and prospects.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- A superior ability in mathematics and financial analysis, and demonstrated computer skills using financial spreadsheet programs;
- A minimum of two SOA exams are an asset;
- Strong technical skills across MS Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Advanced Excel proficiency is required;
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral;
- Must be a highly motivated, customer service and team oriented individual;
- Ability to work under deadlines, and ability to work on several projects simultaneously is critical;
- Keen desire to learn; and
- Previous actuarial co-op experience working in a consulting / insurance environment is an asset, but not required.
- Students should be enrolled in Actuarial Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, or Business program; and
- Applicants should be in 2 nd work term or above.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience .
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.