Yelp is seeking a highly experienced B2C Lifecycle Marketing expert to take our consumer marketing to the next level. If you live in that rare sector of the Venn diagram, where creative meets analytical, organized meets agile, empathy meets optimization, and strategic meets technical, then read on! If you have managed engagement marketing campaigns, CRM strategies, and automated processes that are high scale yet deeply granular, robust and yet flexible, efficient and authentic, we want to hear from you. If you are equally respected as B2C expert and a collaborative cross-functional partner, and if you’re seeking to make an immediate impact at a company that’s neither too big nor too small, with strong momentum and tremendous upside, then this could be the role for you!
Tens of millions of people all across North America rely on Yelp to find small businesses to meet their every need. From ordering pizza to hiring a plumber, or getting a pet groomed, Yelp is one of the largest and most trusted communities of consumers and business owners in the world. But we’re not done yet. Consumer needs and competitors are constantly changing. We have work to do to establish Yelp just as strongly as the place to hire service professionals as it is to read restaurant reviews. We have more content and product features to offer, designed to address the needs of every consumer persona, at just the right point in their lifecycle. We have more marketing channels to communicate through, enabled by more powerful tech, informed by richer data, and a growing team to execute against ever-bolder strategies.
Consumers and business owners have never needed our help more than now. COVID-19 has forced millions to adapt to working from home, to order more food and services to their door, and to pay more attention to cost, quality, and safety, making Yelp’s comprehensive business listings and trusted content more important than ever. As restaurants adapted to delivery and outdoor dining, yoga studios and tutors have started to offer virtual classes, while bike stores and mobile pet groomers are busier than ever. With more of us working from home, movers, contractors, and gardeners are seeing record demand.
Yelp has launched new product features and services to help people find and engage with businesses they can trust. This gives the Marketing team a greater opportunity to connect each consumer to the right business, at the right time, through the right channel.
About the Role:
As Yelp’s Head of B2C Lifecycle Marketing, you will build and manage a talented team and be accountable for planning and executing marketing strategies across database marketing channels, including email, push notifications, in-app messaging and direct mail to engage, acquire and retain millions of consumer customers every day. You will partner with performance marketing, brand creative, social media and PR teams for truly integrated campaigns. You and your team of energetic marketing managers will design and execute campaigns that raise awareness and consideration, and turn that into traffic and transactions, to new and existing customers on Yelp’s websites and Apps
This is a full-time remote position based in Canada.
Where you come in:
- You will build and manage the consumer lifecycle team
- You will set annual, quarterly and monthly plans, and drive results – rolling up your sleeves when needed, as you grow and inspire your team.
- You will bring thought-leadership in all things relating to CRM and Lifecycle Marketing, including understanding the customer, designing strategies and campaigns that drive critical business metrics – and proving it with data – and exploiting best-in-class marketing data, tools, and processes.
- You will partner closely with other marketing, product, and creative teams to ensure excellent customer experience, a consistent and integrated voice for Yelp, smooth and efficient internal operations, and continuous improvement in business results.
- You will own high priority metrics for Audience, Acquisition and Retention through non-paid marketing channels (especially email and Push Notifications), and be accountable for building the team, tools and processes you need to crush them.
- You will serve as a member of the marketing management team, and part of the core team reporting to the Head of Marketing Channels. Future growth potential for the right candidate includes expansion of scope beyond the existing Lifecycle Marketing channels, or into adjacent functions, lines of businesses, or geographies.
What it takes to succeed:
- You have 10+ years of experience in marketing, including at $1BN+ public companies and spearheading consumer digital brands or marketplaces.
- You have 5+ years overseeing CRM, Lifecycle, Engagement, Retention or Email marketing.
- You are expert in top tier B2C marketing automation systems: preferably Braze, Iterable, Leanplum, Responsys, Emarsys, Cheetah or similar
- You have experience with mobile App marketing, including Push Notifications, in-app messaging, and ASO.
- You are strongly analytical, using data to derive insights, design and evaluate experiments and A/B tests, set goals, track performance, and report on results.
- You are creative, willing to challenge status quo, and to develop new playbooks.
- You are curious and a quick learner.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education – and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.