50 Reid Drive
Job Family Group:
We invite all experienced and aspiring First Nations / Métis / Inuit professionals to apply to roles featured on BMO’s Indigenous Careers landing page, as well as all of those on BMO’s Careers page. Qualified First Nations / Metis / Inuit applicants applying through these postings will be considered for open job vacancies, where they exist, or added to our Indigenous Talent Network and matched to other upcoming opportunities.
This is part of BMO’s ongoing commitment to Indigenous applicants. Our recruitment team will reach out to those selected for further consideration.
Monitors, supports, and coordinates day-to-day work requests submitted to the data center support team. Ensuring business service levels are met and environments are managed. Provides the Help/Service Desk support, as well as coordinates and facilitates Incident Management, verifies and approves change requests to the production environment.
- Possesses strong technical and/or business functional knowledge of systems, timing and dependencies.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Leads/Conducts incident recovery and detailed root case analysis.
- Provides end to end technology support including computer, applications, network and storage, and root-cause analysis etc.
- Drives and/or promotes new processes, systems, technology, and operations and expanded capabilities for performance, with the flexibility to align to the unique requirements of the project teams and deliverables.
- Provides initial triage, investigation and ensures fast turnaround times on issue/incident resolution.
- Provides inbound call assistance to end-users for application, technical, and IMACD needs leveraging the knowledge base and/or run books available.
- Collaborates and engages with the appropriate areas across the bank.
- Develops or helps to develop the knowledge assets required for the operation.
- Promotes adherence to standards and industry best practices.
- Develops an understanding of organizational interactions and complexity to engage with the appropriate matrix areas.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the operational capability, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 2-4 years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or B.S./B.A. in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business.
- Understanding of Information Technology operating processes used for systems to ensure effective delivery including but not limited to IT Operations mandatory operating standards for monitoring, logging, and alerting.
- Knowledge of support and operations practice, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Technical and/or business functional knowledge of systems, tools, timing, and dependencies.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
- Data driven decision making – In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.