Data is a big deal at Index Exchange – our advertising exchange handles billions of auctions and generates multiple terabytes of auction-related information every day. We’re looking for a Hadoop Administrator to join IX and work with on our DevOps team to manage and tune our multiple Big Data clusters. Working closely with the Data team and operating on the cutting edge of exciting technology, you’re afforded the opportunity to experiment with new tools and attempt radically different approaches than traditional software development affords. We’re looking for an Engineer who has worked well in Agile environments and who can drive innovation and experimentation.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
Here’s what we want :
- Problem Solver : You need to be someone who is curious and loves taking multiple approaches to solving a problem to find the most efficient, scalable solution
- Collaborative : We need someone who can work well with other people – both your immediate team as well as all the other departments across Index
- Passionate : A passion for Big Data and an interest in the latest trends and developments is key for success in this role
Here’s what you’ll be doing :
- Tuning and tweaking the clusters for optimum performance and balance – we’ve got hundreds of nodes spread across a few different clusters
- Applying your understanding of DevOps methodologies and experience in infrastructure deployment/deployment automation using Puppet/Chef/Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes
- Use scripting languages like Python, Bash, and Perl to create automation tools
- Working with Big Data tools and building high performance, high throughput, and distributed data pipeline and big data platform with Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Yarn, Oozie, MapReduce, HDFS, etc.
- Utilizing advanced Linux knowledge to finely tune servers
- Other tech you’d leverage includes everything from Java to Elasticseach as well as multiple DBs (Influx, Hive, SQL, HBase)
Here’s why you’ll love working here:
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, and respect
- A bright and inviting shared office space in Downtown Toronto easily accessible by public transit or bike*
- We don’t have a dress code and offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification – diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility – IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.