City: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Position ID: J0221-0767
Employment Type: Full Time
We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We are looking for a Senior Guidewire Policy & Billing Centre developer to join our team. We expect you to have great technical skills but as important, we are looking for someone who can develop a creative solution to a problem by applying critical thinking and past experience. Your role is only limited by your potential.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Working within a SCRUM team, the successful candidate will:
• Work on a variety of maintenance and enhancement activities.
• Work with business stakeholders and other SMEs to understand high-level business requirements.
• Work with the Solution Designers and contribute to the development of project plans by participating in the scoping and estimating of proposed projects.
• Apply technical background/understanding, business knowledge, system knowledge in the elicitation of Systems Requirements for projects.
• Support testing teams in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing; participate in the testing of developed systems/solutions.
• Support a positive work environment that promote service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest.
• Provide technical guidance and mentoring to other team members.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience.
• 8+ years of IT experience including 3 years in a senior Guidewire Policy & Billing Centre developer role.
• Hands on experience with Guidewire Policy & Billing Centre
• Good knowledge of Guidewire foundation and fundamentals
• Experience in Agile and Scrums.
• Experience with XML, GUnit, Jenkins, GIT/Subversion/TFS, Code Coverage and Code Scan Plugin/Tools
• Experience with Application Servers like WebSphere, Weblogic, JBoss and/or Tomcat
• Experience with Database Servers like SQL Server, Oracle, and/or DB2
• Ability to engage different stakeholders (Configuration, Integration, Middleware and Legacy teams) to resolve issues.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Critical eye for detail.
• Positive attitude.
• Ability to see the big picture.
• Able to multitask effectively.
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
• Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to adapt to constant changes. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
• Capable and eager to work under minimal direction in fast-paced energetic environment, managing multiple projects and priorities at once.
• Being bilingual in English and French is highly desired.
- Guidewire Configuration
- Guidewire Integration
- Java Enterprise Editions JEE
- Database Mgmt Systems DBMS
- Database Mgmt Systems DBMS
- Tier 2
- Tier 3
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.