Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You’ll work with dynamic colleagues – experts in their fields – who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you’ll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients – who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Client Data Solutions (CDSS) in Group & Wealth Operations supports both Group Benefit and Group Retirement Services clients with all of their plan member data needs.
We specialize in:
- Inbound bulk data files and automated feeds from our clients into Sun Life (e.g. demographic data loads, asset transfer-in files, GRS enrolment and contribution feeds, etc.)
- Outbound data files from Sun Life to our clients (e.g. payroll deduction files, custom reports, etc.)
- Data loads, transfers, analysis and reporting to support client implementations, revisions and ongoing service
What will you do:
- Work with Client’s and internal business partners to understand plan design and document requirements related to demographic, contribution and/or payroll files
- Identify gaps which exist between a Client’s request and Sun Life’s standards
- Work with the Client’s technical representatives to coordinate extracts and transfer of plan member data from and/or to the appropriate Sun Life systems
- Apply project management techniques to ensure client initiatives are on track: create project plans; set up and lead regular touch-points with clients; influence client and internal partners to meet deadlines; document project status, minutes and key decisions made; provide progress updates to Manager
- Lead client file testing and quality management processes
- Troubleshoot client file issues, with the support of internal business partners
- Provide support to internal business partners with respect to existing demographic, contribution or payroll file related inquiries
- Act as a subject matter expert when working with internal business partners to troubleshoot data file issues
- Collaborate regularly with team members to identify and implement process improvements and best practices, in order to enhance efficiency and productivity
- Create documentation of business processes and provide training on new or enhanced processes, when required
- Adhere to the team processes and workflow management
What will you need to succeed:
- Knowledge of the GRS business, products and processes
- Bilingual, with verbal and written communication skills in English and French (asset)
- Experience with Internet-based technologies (e.g. FTP, secure websites etc.)
- Knowledge of plan setup and member administration
- Understanding of the “big picture” and downstream impact of work on other Operations teams
- Ability to work under pressure and meet quick turnaround times
- Strong customer service skills
- Collaborative, analytical and solutions-oriented
- Self-starter, skilled in time management and prioritizing work
- Intermediate level of skills in Microsoft Excel
- Applicants will be required to pass RCMP Enhanced Security Clearance for this role
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
47400/ – 77600/
Business Analysis – Process
Posting End Date: