Transforming mobility. Making automotive technology that is smarter, cleaner, safer and lighter. That’s what we’re passionate about at Magna Powertrain, and we do it by creating world-class powertrain systems. We are a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in design, development, testing and manufacturing of complex powertrain systems. Our name stands for quality, environmental consciousness, and safety. Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Dream big and create the future of mobility at Magna Powertrain.
The Group Finance Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely consolidation and reporting of the Metal-Forming Solutions (MFS) group’s financial results. This role will oversee and support the MFS global business planning and forecasing process and ensure adherence to all Magna finance policies.
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Preparation of monthly FIR to communicate group financial results.
- Supervise the timely preparation of key financial reports.
- Oversee performance of quarterly balance sheet risk assessments at individual divisions.
Quarterly Forecasting and Business Plan
- Oversee the preparation and consolidation of the group business plan.
- Develop a group fee structure to be allocated to individual divisions.
- Review quarterly group forecast and prepare the quarterly presentation to MPT management.
- Quarterly review and sign off on engineering and innovation spending.
- Preparation and analysis of transfer pricing schedules.
- Administer intercompany knowledge transfer activities.
- Oversee preparation of quarterly forecasts and business plan of the Kechnec start up facility.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of business, commerce, accounting or equivalent.
- CPA, CGA, CMA, CA designation or equivalent.
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of accounting or financial reporting experience, with exposure to general accounting or financial consolidation system.
- Knowledge of Canadian GAAP.
- Strong financial and data analysis skills.
- Strong computer application skills (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Hyperion).
- Good verbal and written communication skills combined with interpersonal skills.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.