Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You’ll work with dynamic colleagues – experts in their fields – who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you’ll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients – who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Client Data Solutions (CDSS) in Group & Wealth Operations supports both Group Benefit and Group Retirement Services clients with all of their plan member data needs.
We specialize in:
- Inbound bulk data files and automated feeds from our clients into Sun Life (e.g. demographic data loads, asset transfer-in files, GB HRIS feeds, GRS enrolment and contribution feeds, etc.)
- Outbound data files from Sun Life to our clients (e.g. payroll deduction files, custom reports, etc.).
The team is currently growing our scope of services, building new partnerships with internal teams and increasing our client-facing capabilities. We are looking for new team members with a drive to further strengthen this industry-leading team.
A major business objective is to change, optimize and improve the manner in which we process and deliver data services to all lines of business – GB and GRS. The evolution of Client Data Solutions (CDSS) is a fundamental shift in the manner in which we view data as a valuable corporate asset. With that main objective in mind, the strategy is to build a service-oriented, center of excellence model, which focuses on client (internal and external) service, recognizing the importance of all stakeholders and a centralized data management strategy. Key drivers to this strategy are the resources and staffing model we put in place to execute and implement our plan. The focus is on resources who possess a combination of business knowledge and the ability to directly communicate and consult with our clients during new business implementations, client presentations and production support inquiries.
As a Technical Consultant with Client Data Solutions, you will…
- Gain experience in both Group Benefits and Group Retirement
- Work directly with clients
- Receive excellent training and support
- Lead your own project portfolio
- Join a high performing team
- Grow your network
What you will do:
- Meet with clients to review their data and system needs
- Create personalized data file feed solutions to help clients integrate with Sun Life systems
- Work with internal partners across the business and IT
- Participate as part of the client’s Sun Life implementation team
- Build data file maps using IBM Sterling B2B Integrator software
- Design “big picture” strategic data processing solutions and flows that solve business challenges
- Lead your data file implementation through all stages of the software development lifecycle: requirements, solution design, development, testing, deployment and monitoring
- Identify gaps which exist between a client request and Sun Life’s standards
- Offer alternatives and solutions that make sense from a business process and cost standpoint
- Anticipate potential impacts to plan design, scope, process, timelines and requirements which impact data solutions
- Identify risks through client meetings and conversations relating to the processes, requirements or group system capabilities
- Interprete risks to conclude the impacts to the success of the implementation
- Resolve issues through suggesting options or negotiating with the parties involved to get to a compromised solution that meets our clients needs and still allows for accuracy of solutions, while keeping costs in check
- Engage in the continuous improvement of your team and processes
- Influence the team direction through participation in strategic initiatives
What you can bring to the role:
- A passion for putting clients first
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Strong character and integrity
- Continuous learner
- Detailed, thorough and focused on quality
- Solution driven and thrive on challenge
- Work with a great degree of flexibility
- Manage continually changing priorities
- Work under pressure while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Contribute to a positive, friendly and motivated team environment
- Strong team player, with high interest for working in cross-functional team environment
- Ability to influence and build relationships
What you need to success:
- Excellent communication skills
- Present and effectively dialogue with clients in both technical and non-technical terms
- Requirements gathering and documentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Successfully solve client issues thorough an understanding of data management standards
- Influence change and persuade others without having formal authority
- Coordinate action plans and major decisions with the leadership team
- Bilingual, with verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- University degree with 3 – 6 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use scripting language to code business rules and business validations
- Good understanding of XML structure, capabilities, XML parsers etc..
- Good understanding of database schema’s and related concepts
- Good understanding of SQL scripting
- Good understanding of ETL – Extract, Transform, Load methodology
- Translation mapping experience with IBM Sterling B2B Integrator
- Thorough understanding of Group Benefits and/or Group Retirement business processes and systems (OASIS, CHESS and Global)
- Software development lifecycle: requirements, solution design, development, testing, deployment and monitoring
- Process design and work flow
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
47400/ – 77600/
Business Analysis – Process
Posting End Date: