What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Graphics Chief Systems Engineer
As the Chief Systems Engineer, you have primary technical responsibility for the successful delivery for a stack of Radeon Graphics products to market. You are the technical champion of our delivered products. You lead a small team of Graphics System Engineers and drive cross functional engineering execution to ensure the Graphics products are delivered to market as defined in the technical specifications. You foster deep partnerships with Product Management and Program Management leaders on program definition and execution, and with key engineering functional leaders on setting the specification POR and then delivering to that specification. This role starts in the product pre-concept phase where you influence IP and SOC roadmap definition to ensure silicon features and capabilities can be fully productized and technically delivered and continues through planning and engineering execution until all product SKUs are in production.
As a senior technical leader, you will draw on your broad engineering expertise and your understanding of complex, silicon product development processes to collaborate and innovate with senior technical leaders across the various functions to deliver winning graphics products. You are action-oriented and embrace the opportunity to step into a technically challenging, highly dynamic environment where your personal measure of success is highly connected to the outstanding products you create.
Lead a small team of Graphics Systems Engineers who have responsibility for one or more ASICs and associated products within the architectural stack, where your team has the following overall responsibilities:
- Responsible for all technical aspects of productizing a stack of Graphics ASICs with the associated platform hardware, firmware and software components.
- While not responsible for defining IP or SOC-level features, the CSE is responsible for ensuring that IP/SOC features are understood and can be efficiently productized as part of the overall Graphics product and within the program technical constraints.
- Deliver all Plan-of-record engineering features aligned to specifications and conforming to bounding box across various design and development teams: ASIC, Board, Firmware, Software, and Product Engineering (MFG).
- Review and approve all Program Core Team technical content for Phase Gate reviews
- Communicate feature prioritization and trade off as well as technical issues, risks & status updates to Executive Management.
- Proactively recommend courses of action to maintain cost effectiveness, competitiveness, system capabilities, security, scalability and reliability
- Lead Technical Lessons Learned, process improvement initiatives and measurements to improve engineering quality and bottom-line profitability
- Utilize customer feedback to improve team performance and enhance deliverables
- Cross-functional engineering alignment on the Product Technical Plan of Record based on delivered SOC capabilities
- Daily guidance on all technical aspects of the program in execution, in alignment with Business Division objectives and defined product specifications
- Minimum of 15 years of experience at Senior Technical Staff Member in the industry with a proven track record of successfully building and delivering complex semiconductor products involving multiple engineering disciplines.
- Experience with motivating, and mentoring highly technical teams
- Demonstrated success managing global, multi-location development teams
- Passion for delivering high quality products
- Driven to achieve a high level of customer/partner satisfaction
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience driving technical alignment of cross-functional teams from multiple departments
- Systematic thinking skills. Ability to deal with novel problems from different perspectives and from different levels of abstraction
- Ability to analyze and understand complex workflows and processes, and develop innovative approaches to streamlining and automating them
- Master of Science/PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Markham, Ontario or Austin, Texas
Requisition Number: [[id]]
Country: [[filter1]] State: [[filter2]] City: [[filter3]]
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact [email protected]
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.