We deliver innovative travel products and services at a rapid pace, seamlessly serving our customers in 140+ countries across physical, digital, mobile, and social media. This position is to conduct development on Global Trip Record(GTR) – one of the cornerstone technical platforms within the American Express Global Business Travel. Join us to take the business traveler experience to a new level!
GTR is all about your trip. GTR is a global platform that collects, enriches and distributes trip data to various vendors such as duty of care providers and to the customers themselves.GTR serves as the core for business travel and provides our clients with an integrated and holistic view of their trip, synthesizing all aspects of travel from multiple Global Distribution Systems (GDS) as well as non-GDS sources, traveler profiles, airline, rail, and hotel industry reference data, and dynamic data sources such as real-time flight schedules. We are actively adding data sources to continue improving the business traveler experience and empowering travel program analytics for optimal decision making.
- As part of a global team, work independently as well lead other team members in developing enterprise-scale/ complex projects that require you to connect the business needs and domain with technical knowledge
- Lead database technology evaluation options and propose best schema, design and optimizations to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Develop technical framework and implement best practices for scalable and maintainable code
- Develop backend services. Open to work on backend or frontend and any technology as per the project need
- Provide technical coaching to team members and conduct code reviews
- Lead and consult in applications design
- Estimate technical effort, work breakdown structure, risks and solution
- Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
- Assist in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- 5+ years of hands-on database management and backend development experience in Web/ Cloud application along with established leadership credentials
- Enthusiastic team player, willing to mentor other engineers
- Proven ability to design and develop RESTful services and APIs using REST, XML, JSON, API gateway
- Strong experience in relational and non-relational databases (MS SQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra etc.)
- Proficiency in database concepts, SQL, performance management and tuning, data security, backup and recovery, scalability and availability, distributed databases, etc.
- Hands-on experience in data modelling, database schema and design, optimization in creating data-centric services, working with high data volumes, timeseries data, variety of data etc.
- Hands-on experience implementing microservices and docker/ containerization
- Deep understanding of application and infrastructure architecture and non-functional aspects including performance, scalability, reliability, availability etc.
- Familiarity with AWS managed database services
- Knowledge of best practices for building backend services, e.g., session management, caching, algorithms and data structures, secure coding, etc.
- Understanding and hands-on experience of programming concepts: OOPS, refactoring, maintainable/ reusable code, design principles and patterns, architecture, TDD, unit testing, debugging, automation etc.
- Java knowledge is a plus
- Travel industry is a plus
- Fluent in English
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement