WSP - Parsons Brinckerhoff
WSP is one of the world’s leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
MONTREAL OR ANY MAJOR LOCATION IN CANADA
WSP is one of the world’s leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We bring together our 43,600 experts, based in more than 500 offices, across 40 countries to provide engineering and multidisciplinary services in a vast array of industry sectors, with a focus on technical excellence and client service.
The Global Data & Analytics Director defines the D&A strategy and data governance program for the organization. They will be managing the Data and Analytics function and lead in the planning, evaluating, and selecting the right data science capabilities for the organization and helping distributed analytics staff to have the best D&A skills, processes, and technologies possible. The D&A Director serves as an advisor to the leadership team to develop and deliver organization-wide solutions for complex data challenges, including developing and applying algorithmic models to derive insights, improve decision making, and automate processes. The Global D&A director will also be responsible for implementing a Data & Analytics Global Center of Excellence (CoE) leveraging regional and WSP’s Integrated Complementary Resource Center (iCRC) capabilities.
- Defining Data & Analytics Strategy: Identifies and standardizes the use and governance of data and analytics. This includes the governance of data and algorithms used for analysis, analytics applications, and automated decision making. Creates value by unlocking and sharing data and information in ways that will spur innovation.
- Establishing Data Governance: Cascades from data strategy into data governance to promote data access, quality, and analytical capability. Governance can include a knowledge worker training program, a data stewardship model, and data standards. Develops and maintains controls on data quality, interoperability, and sources to effectively manage risk associated with the use of data and analytics. Strives to reduce the cost of managing data and increase the value of the data.
- Identifying and Defining Data & Analytics Investments: Works with business and IT leaders to identify areas of technical needs for future data science capabilities. Drives the development and deployment of the data and analytics platform. Identifies and prioritizes business projects and enterprise data initiatives utilizing data science capabilities.
- Advising and Reporting: Serves as the Data Analytics advisor. Leads and/or serves on steering committees and helps leadership use its data effectively. Foster the creation of a data-driven culture, related competencies, and data literacy across the organization.
- Facilitating Internal and External Collaboration: Collaborates with industry data experts to allow a proactive approach to improving insights derived from various data sources. Applies expert knowledge and mastery of advanced mathematics/statistical/computer science methods, theories, and standards to analyze enterprise results and reports, relevant external publications, and conference papers. Recommends and pursues collaboration and provides appropriate technical guidance to ensure the success of such collaborations. Interacts with business areas and IT on D&A solutions.
- Identifying Opportunities for New Data Products: Lead strategy development for D&A products to ensure the program becomes pervasive throughout the organization and helps enable new revenue streams. To support these endeavors, collaborate with the IT leadership to ensure that digital products are released on time, on budget, and with high quality. Be a champion for the information services and related D&A capabilities.
- Establishing a D&A CoE capabilities and defining its Operating Model: Implements and Lead a centralize CoE which will leverage analytics talent by co-locating people in a cross-functional “hub” and centralize enterprise-wide activities ranging from strategy and governance to awareness and education, process standardization, project management, and execution.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field (business administration, computer science, data science, information science, etc.)
- Minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible relevant experience in data management, including creating partnerships, implementing data governance, and understanding the underlying technologies needed to enable data innovation across a midsized or large organization
- Knowledge in computer programming, query languages, and internet-based data visualization platforms, with capabilities with Power BI and Oracle Analytics Cloud technology.
- Demonstrated experience with developing data strategy, policies, and procedures, as well as successfully executing programs that meet or exceed expectations in a dynamic environment; experience creating tools and capabilities to assist with data discovery & collaboration, ensure data quality, and to load, clean, enrich, manage, and share data and metadata from a variety of sources.
- Familiar with big data technologies and Oracle suite of tools (ODI, OIC, OAC, ADW, etc.) an Extract Transform Load (ETL) tools.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise staff and special initiatives.
- Willingness to travel for at least 4 weeks per year.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.