We are driving the future of geospatial innovation. Stantec is a community of professionals and subject matter experts that understands the future needs of our clients. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We’re a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Stantec is a multiple discipline organization supporting the O&G industry on projects that range from conception to completion including integrity maintenance programs. We have become an industry leader in what we do through innovation and forward-thinking employees. Our Geospatial Services Team collaborates with all Stantec’s disciplines and sectors to provide a complete solution for our clients. This provides a workplace filled with opportunity and a variety of projects to advance employee growth and knowledge, while providing client’s unique solutions to the issues they face.
Our Geospatial Services team and is growing and looking for a Geospatial Business Analyst
Stantec’s Geospatial Services Group has an immediate full-time opportunity for a Business Analyst in Alberta.
- Align the future focused evolution with strong business practices and revenue objectives. Align critical thinking and domain expertise with geospatial forward-facing strategies.
- Inform business development objectives for maximum revenue potential and strategic opportunities across sectors and geographies- sales optimization, channel strategy, and customer conversion tracking
- Inform the assessment, evaluation, adoption, and integration of geospatial tools and disruptive go to market strategies
- Assist with developing, measuring, and reporting long term value strategies
- Assist with motivating staff to implement new strategies and complete innovative projects
- Researching industry best practices and emerging strategies and technologies to align early mover objectives
- Maintain a technical focus and inform innovative operational strategy and reporting
- Assess qualitative and quantitative metrics for change management and operational improvement
Your Key Responsibilities
Work with our leadership team to:
- Provide consultative engagement with customers to align geospatial-natured corporate and project objectives.
- Perform financial analysis and modelling of innovative ideas to target priority change items supported by cash-flow and ROI parameters.
- Undertake creative assessment of economic trends to maximize expanding revenue sources.
- Commercialize disruptive ideas and disruptive technologies through revenue model analysis.
- Assisting technology teams to integrate customer feedback into product development design and delivery.
- Inform marketing strategy development, specifically targeting KPI’s to measure marketing ROI for disruptive technologies.
- Assist in the continual branding of the future of Geomatics/Geospatial Services.
- Assist with the creation and facilitation of formal customer surveys to generate reporting and analysis.
- Collecting and analyzing customer’s business data (annual reports, MD&A, strategic plans) to formulate value propositions for change.
- Identifying and framing critical strategic choices for management and supporting committees.
- Designing and facilitating implementation and change processes.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven leader and innovator in the geospatial field
- Strong leadership skills
Education and Experience
- Degree in Engineering or a Geospatial related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience leading teams, executing strategic
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best and invent the future.
Job: Geomatics Engineering Technician/Technologist
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations: Canada-Alberta
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000027D
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans