Requisition ID: 93997
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Analyst, GBP Analytics Co-op Student LOCATION: Toronto, ON
Global Business Payments,
WORK TERM: 4 month Co-op work term (May – August 2021)
Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: “for every future,” our 97,000 teammates help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services.
This is a place where you’ll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we’re passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy.
Who We Are:
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
Your Work Term At-A-Glance
During your internship you will be a member of the Analytics Team within of Global Business Payments (GBP). This team provides with robust analytics and reporting to drive new business, enhance the customer experience, and make better data-driven decisions. This is the perfect role for you if you are both a technical as well as business-oriented individual as you will assist in developing Business Intelligence Reports, data mining and other ad-hoc duties.
- Provide support to the GBP Trade Finance Product team by creating and maintaining analytical tools, Power BI / Tableau / Excel reports.
- Translate business needs into technical requirements, queries and modelling.
- Maintain the intake of Sales data requests and action on their own when appropriate.
You are the perfect fit for this role if you have/ are:
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Business Intelligence (Tableau and Power BI) and CRM (Salesforce) tools.
- Exposure, or experience with SQL, Python and R is an asset.
- Exposure, or experience in financial business reporting and statistical modelling
- Great attention to detail, proactive and responsive to short deadlines
- Exposure to operational business processes, and well developed problem-solving and troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to juggle multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a business team
- All interested applicants must be enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution. As part of Scotiabank’s co-op/internship program requirements, we will confirm with your school that you are enrolled.
This internship will provide you with an excellent opportunity for learning and personal development, especially if you wish to gain exposure to global capital markets, and the critical real-time financial data needed and utilized to move key business lines forward. Throughout your term you’ll also have access to skill-building modules, as well as challenging work-integrated learnings – all of which come together to create a stimulating environment where you will have the chance to thrive. We want you to be a sponge and take it all in, bring your great attitude, always be authentic, and own every opportunity that comes your way. This is your time to shine.
How to apply:
For students, we are focused on learning about who you are and what you’re interested in to uncover your true potential. In short, we don’t believe resumes will provide us with an accurate depiction of what you’re truly about to properly assess your potential. Instead we want to get to know YOU and hear about the experiences that have shaped you. We know… this might sound crazy but for students applying to one of our co-ops, internships or TILT new grad programs we are no longer requiring resumes. Instead we ask that as part of your application, you complete the below:
1. Complete your PLUM Profile: https://bit.ly/3rVtp0l
2. Complete a short one-way video interview: https://ca.rivs.com/i/ScotiabankGBM2020/
3. Apply to the role through our career site! When the application asks for your resume, instead upload a screenshot of your plum to show us you’ve completed it, we have full access to your entire profile from Plum and won’t use the screenshot but it’s a great reminder for each of you to have completed it. Alternatively you can submit a resume if you want, we just will not be relying on it when we assess you.
Candidates are invited to submit their Plum profile in a single PDF to the resume section ONLY. For video interviews students only need to complete the GBM Support Functions video interview once. The link to the video interview is labelled GBM2020. Any link with this label means only have to complete this video once.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.