Requisition ID: 95523
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
At Tangerine, our purpose is to deliver best in class banking solutions to Canadians. We take a hands-on approach to challenges and always seek out opportunities to improve. Building a career at Tangerine is more than just a job; we are committed to making a difference in the lives of Canadians.
Who said that you have to hide your personality to deliver business results? We certainly do not, and that is what has made Tangerine a success. Come be a part of our collaborative, energetic and passionate client-centric team and continue to drive Forward Banking solutions for all Canadians.
Client Business Support (CBS) is a client focused processing department that enables the bank to demonstrate that a virtual bank can offer superior client experience by efficiently and effectively delivering on the promises made to our clients.
The CBS department is made up of several teams; each team plays a unique role in providing support for both Deposit/Chequing and Lending products.
The following teams along with their specialized focus is what makes Client Business Support an integral piece of our organization:
- Account Opening
- Registered Products, Statements and Year- End
- Mutual Funds and Cannex
- Quality Assurance
Overall, Client Business Support is committed to delivering a ‘Wow’ experience. While we do not speak directly with our clients, we make sure we deliver on promises made to our clients!
The Funding and Support Analyst position involves the timely and prudent administration of mortgage requests. This includes the processing of lawyer Instructions, the ordering and maintenance of appraisals, Income verifications, Funding and the processing of Final Documentation as required for mortgage applications. It must be ensured that a consistent service is delivered to the CBS – Lending department through the timely and accurate delivery of the Funding and Support activities. They will report directly to the Manager of Mortgage Funding and Support.
The role will include:
Processing an even split between these compulsory core tasks:
- Conducting phone verifications to confirm employment details
- Processing instructions to lawyers
- Ordering and maintenance of Residential Property Appraisals
- Funding Mortgages (Purchases, ETO’s, Refinances, Mortgage Increases, Add Helocs)
- The processing of Final Documentation
- Liaising with Notaries and Solicitor
- Reporting and Funding wires
Is this Role right for You?
- Managing a busy workflow while maintaining a high level of accuracy and meeting defined service standard.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with Internal and External Clients.
- Sound, effective and prompt review of verification of Income documentation.
- Maintaining a high level of accuracy and consistency in document verification and disbursement release.
- Meeting defined service standards and turnaround times.
- Liaising with different areas of the department and developing relationships to ensure that job is done and to ensure the smooth completion of all closings.
- Liaising with external partners to confirm satisfactory delivery of documentation.
- Prioritization of allocated workflow.
- Regular review and processing of Registration Documentation.
- Good knowledge of Funding, and conditions set for the Solicitors. Being able to process deals like i.e. Purchases, ETO’s, Add Helocs, Mortgage Increases, Refinances and Switches.
- Review and validate of all legal documentation/Interim report received from Solicitors.
- Review and satisfied the Identification Verification Form in accordance with Tangerine requirements.
- Review and satisfied all additional Funding conditions prior to releasing Mortgage funds to Solicitor.
- Providing Funding projections and daily balancing reports.
- Processing and releasing of wires.
- Suggestions on process flow improvement.
- Thorough knowledge of Tangerine’s mortgage guidelines, processes and procedures including: CMHC, Genworth and familiarity with Tangerine’s Charge Terms as they pertain to Mortgage Servicing.
- Customer Service levels are met relating to e-mails, phone messages and fax enquiries, this is done by ensuring all e-mails, phone messages and fax enquiries are responded to within 2 hours.
- Reporting and tracking, analyze data related to the team, team members and the unit as a whole.
- Keep abreast of all Lending Credit Policies, Guidelines and Procedures.
Skills you need to Succeed?
- University or College Degree in Financial Industry
- Mortgage and Credit experience is an asset
- Completion or enrollment in mortgage courses
- Ability to build relationships at all levels
- Ability to adapt changing needs and priorities
- Computer literate; knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Conveys an inspirational Tangerine vision and strategy
- Builds high performing Tangerine teams
- Acts as a team player
- Results oriented
- Focuses on the customer
- Committed to self-development
- Good organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective and efficient time management
What’s in it for you.
- You’ll be part of a diverse, collaborative, innovative, and high-performing team
- We offer a competitive rewards package
- Performance bonus, Share Ownership Program, and Pension Plan Matching
- Health Benefits from day one!
- Office perks: free healthy snacks (chocolate is healthy, right?) subsidized on-site cafeteria and parking
- You will enjoy work life balance, team events, and opportunities to volunteer in the community.
- Your career matters! You will have access to career development and progression opportunities.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.