Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses-and to our own.
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a collaborative, hands-on full stack web developer to build dashboards and UI toolkits as part of a data science platform for quants, sales & trading. This is a rapidly growing and high-priority area, and the growth in users and use-cases has warranted the investment from the business to build out a team in Montreal. You will work closely with quants and traders on multiple trading desks to design, develop, deploy and support the innovative data science environment that utilizes the latest Python ecosystem. You will work within a global team in an agile environment, so strong communications skills are very important.
– At least 3 years of relevant experience
– Experience building microservices using Python Flask/FastAPI
– Git, Docker, CI/CD, Webpack, UI testing with Cypress/Protractor/Selenium
– Strong enthusiasm for code quality and desire to build long-standing and stable systems
– Strong communication skills, both technical and otherwise, that can be leveraged to collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders
Nice to have:
– Python visualization libraries such as Matplotlib/ Jupyter ipywidgets/ Plotly Dash
– Python data engineering stack including libraries such as Numpy / Pandas / Dask / Luigi/ Airflow
– Experience with financial concepts such as equities / fixed income / options / futures
– Experience with AWS or Azure
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
Spotlight on our Montreal Technology Centre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo5GaXpCwKs
*Video dated October 2019.