Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Manulife is seeking aFull Stack Engineer to join our rapidly expanding Cyber Security Engineering and Architecture organization focusing on the design, implementation and management of complex cybersecurity solutions across the organization.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of Cloud systems security and applications.
- Apply the technical aptitude and experience to learn new cloud security technologies and understand relevant cloud security market trends.
- Investigate, prototype and deliver innovative system solutions
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
- Work side by side with architects, partners and teams on solving challenging problems
- Eager to learn and learn fast, enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Proactively communicate with peers and technical leadership
- Develop architecture to allow for scalability, security, performance, and high availability
- Develop software and scripts for Azure Cloud Platform
- Develop and maintain a highly automated deployment environment
- Collaborate with other teams to coordinate networking, deployments, and security efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing environments and security issues related to those environments
- Experience (2 years) working with Azure or other Cloud Platforms, both through the portal and with CLI
- Experience with container development and management (AKS/Docker/Kubernetes/Helm)
- Experience working with GitHub/Jenkins CI/CD tool
- Knowledge of log management and monitoring tools (e.g. Splunk)
- Experience with software configuration management tools (e.g. Chef and/or Ansible)
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools (e.g. terraform)
- Working knowledge of bash, Groovy; python and powershell a plus
- Experience with scripting on Linux systems (e.g. ssh, curl)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Strong focus on delivering high quality software
- Self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and a team player
- Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of September 30, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$943 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.2 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/JohnHancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract,developandretaina workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention,advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin,colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers toprovideequal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process.All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent withapplicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies.To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected]