Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Hyperwallet, A PayPal Service, delivers secure, enterprise payment technologies to organizations that require a simplified way to access or leverage the global financial network. Since 2000, we are a leading provider of online and mobile payment, international payments, card products and financial technology solutions to enterprise customers in Canada, the U.S. and internationally. Hyperwallet, a PayPal Service, is a company that values diversity, creativity and equal opportunity, and we’re always on the lookout for bright, talented individuals to join our team. We are proud to provide exceptional working conditions for staff, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits plan that helps keep our employees healthy and happy. If you’re motivated, have a positive attitude, enjoy challenges and want to be part of a growing team committed to both personal growth and career success – then we want to hear from you! Job Purpose Summary: The Full Stack Developer can work with limited supervision from broad specifications to develop or modify moderately complex software programming applications. The Developer designs, codes, tests and debugs moderately complex software programs, documents and maintains programs; and can make semi-routine technical decisions within clearly defined parameters but consults with other developers, managers or departments on unusual items, or issues affecting other components or departments.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Designs, develops and documents new software products and features.
- Produces code within quality and coding standards.
- Designs and executes test cases for unit and feature testing.
- Maintains, updates and supports existing software features and solutions.
- Writes and maintains technical documentation.
- Effectively contributes to building the overall knowledge and expertise of the technical team.
- Obtains a strong knowledge and understanding of our software solutions.
- Participates on project teams.
- Participates in design reviews.
- Provides time estimates for assigned development.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Education: Post-secondary education in Computer Science, or Information Technology/Information Systems is a strong asset.
- Experience: At least 3 years of job experience programming in Java (8+) with the JEE APIs.
- Good understanding of Agile/Scrum processes and experience participating in an agile team
- Technical Experience:
- Experience in developing APIs and integration with 3rd party systems, networks and applications (GraphQL and REST)
- Developing in Unix or Linux environments
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with Maven
- Experience with GIT is an asset
- Very strong testing (unit, integration, and UI), configuration and deployment skills.
- Must be an effective and efficient problem solver.
- Possess the ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal direction.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills including well developed verbal and written English.
- Experience developing financial transaction applications is an asset.
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]