Company 1 - The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Are you a technology innovator who likes to test and learn? Do you constantly think about how to make your code better and delivery an easier experience for your Customer? Do you like a fast-paced agile environment where you wear different hats and have a new and exciting challenge every day? That’s what our environment is like and we are growing again! Having an amazing Team is what makes our software great, because great People develop great solutions. If you answered yes to all of the questions above, then we should talk.
We are building new API’s, modernizing our apps/services using OpenSource frameworks and looking at Docker Containerization, TDD approach, Refactoring patterns to build Spring based Microservices on cloud platform.
What Work Would I be Doing?
- We’re looking for someone to complete our team. We are in the process of transforming, and we’re looking for someone to learn and grow with us! Your responsibilities would include:
- Design scalable and maintainable web applications and enhance existing ones. Work with Architect and team to drive innovative solutions to meet business needs. Contribute to application and technical architecture plans as they relate to the tools and systems in place within our organization.
- Guide and support in the process of choosing systems and software solutions. Identify and support or lead initiatives within Business Unit to develop and improve standards, and methodologies. Champion and participate in developing and advancing standards related to newer and emerging technologies Manage our inventory of technical solutions to map new business needs to a divisionally consistent, reusable platform Ensure alignment to quality standards.
- Mentor Junior members of the team We are bringing in new technology – you get to learn it
Am I Right for the Job?
- We’re looking for a passionate, motivated individual to join our team’s exciting journey as we grow, pioneer, and innovate. You are an ideal candidate if
- You have worked in IT for at least5 years with 3 or more years in a similar position.
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university. You have extensive hands-on experience in full stack Web applications development using J2EE, Spring Boot and Spring MVC. You have experience with SOAP & REST API (Microservices) You are experienced working with relational databases (Oracle 12c, SQL Server) and NoSQL You are experienced with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, git, CI/CD methodologies.
- You have prior experience collaborating across a large Business Unit or Department to find opportunities by utilizing technology to satisfy business needs You have demonstrated ability to translate technical solutions into non-technical details. You have cloud based development experience with Cloud Foundry or similar platform. You have excellent communication skills (both written and oral), presentation, facilitation and influencing skills. Financial/Retirement industry experience is a plus.
- You love learning, can easily adapt to different toolsets and champion change. You are fun to be around and we can count on you.
- Experience with any or all of the tools/technology we use is a huge plus, but don’t let one of those list items deter you! If you’re excited by the notion of joining a team that is going places and, make a name for itself, and have fun doing it, we want to hear from you!
Why is this job Important?
Our team deals with companies and their employees to help reach their financial goals and help build and manage their wealth. We are leaders in the small to Mid-market segment providing retirement and wealth management solutions. We make this a reality by providing our customers with a record keeping solutions and customized experience allowing companies to offer what THEIR employees want.
What Will I Learn on this Job?
You will learn about working in a large organization, all the tools and technologies mentioned above (including DevOps!) and thanks to a supportive company with a culture of continuous learning and improvement, whatever else you want! Tell us what you want to learn and we’ll help you get there.
What about Perks?
- Manulife has lots of perks including, but not limited to:
- Competitive compensation Retirement Savings Accounts including a RPP (Pension Plan), RRSP (Retirement Savings Plan), and TFSA (Tax Free Savings account) Manulife Share Ownership Program with employer matching
- Customizable Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Vision, and 100% of Mental Health expenses Financial support for ongoing training, learning, and education Monthly Innovation Days (Hackathons) Wearing jeans to work every day An abundance of career paths and opportunities to advance
- A flexible work environment with flex hours, work from home arrangements, distributed teams, and condensed work week arrangements
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of September 30, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$943 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.2 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/JohnHancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract,developandretaina workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention,advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin,colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers toprovideequal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process.All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent withapplicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies.To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected]