We are looking for an energetic, creative and passionate Software Developer wanting to work on a product that makes a difference. Reporting to our Software Developer Team Lead, you’ll join our engineering team who work with tools on the cutting edge of technology. Our team keenly observes technology trends but strives to balance practical business concerns with technical requirements. We are an inclusive team where everyone treats each other with extraordinary respect.
ThoughtExchange is one of Canada’s fastest growing companies and is the only Enterprise Discussion Management platform powered by patented anti-bias technology. Modern leaders use ThoughtExchange to quickly gain critical insights and improve strategic decision making. With backing from some of the top investors in North America, ThoughtExchange is trusted by leaders across the globe to drive pivotal discussions at scale.
Working as part of our development team, you will:
- Implement software features across the full stack
- Participate in feature conceptualization and design
- Write automated tests
- Collaborate with team members in local office and virtual workspace environments
- Receive mentoring & support from an experienced & dynamic development team
- Support our anti racism and diversity, equity & inclusion (ADEI) mandate by (at a minimum) being aware of our ADEI commitment and initiatives, and completing all mandatory ADEI trainings
You may be asked to engage your talents in the following areas:
- UI & UX for desktop and mobile
- Server-side business logic
- Infrastructure & database
- Scripting & automation
- System scalability
- 5+ years software development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or Engineering, or a related field, or relevant work experience
- Working knowledge of Linux, Docker, uWSGI, Python, TypeScript, Git, React and PostgreSQL
- OO development experience & demonstrated knowledge of database systems
- Ability to collaborate in a team
- Strong communication skills; you’re excited to explain complex technical concepts and share your knowledge with different audiences
- Ability to work independently and efficiently and you have the confidence to ask questions when you need support
- Comfortable working with a remote and distributed team
At ThoughtExchange, we make better decisions and build better products by supporting, encouraging and celebrating the diverse voices of our employees. We recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves and the communities we live in. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
Mutual respect and reciprocation are the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us – it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
• Over 175 inspired people work at ThoughtExchange. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
• Our investors believe in us, too. We’ve previously closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angels, and we recently closed $34 million in Series B funding with a syndicate of incredible US and Canadian investors. To say that we are ready for take off is an understatement.
What we offer:
• Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
• Community. We like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace, whether it’s collaborating in our virtual company meetings, connecting over donut dates or getting together in our offices or on the road.
• Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
• Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
• Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flex time and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office.
• Ownership.In addition to competitive pay and benefits, employees receive share options when joining the company. Additional options are awarded throughout your ThoughtExchange career based on ongoing contributions to the company.