What is the opportunity?
RBC Ventures is new kind of organization – one that marries the strength of one of the world’s most trusted and successful financial institutions with a mission to reimagine the role we play in people’s lives. We are building a world class team focused on creating new experiences, exploring new business models and developing new relationships that add value to how people live and work.
Dr. Bill is a remote-first, distributed team started in Vancouver, in Canada. We build software to empower medical practitioners to focus on clinical work not administration. We are looking for a Full-Stack Rails Developer to join us and help build the future of our web apps. You’ll have the opportunity to work on diverse and interesting challenges and help shape both our product and how we work. When you are not busy writing code, you will be reviewing pull requests, supporting other developers, and working with the team to improve how we work.
What you’ll be doing:
• Working as part of our remote-first, distributed team
• Working closely with product, UX and development teams
• Contributing to our AWS infrastructure and deployment
• Supporting and operating the wep apps we build in AWS
• Supporting your teammates in development planning
• Supporting customers in ensuring we are on top of product quality, stability, and performance
What do you need to succeed?:
We’re looking for someone with 5+ years of experience building and operating Rails web applications with excellent written and verbal communication in English.
• You have experience building production Rails web apps
• You have experience growing and scaling Rails web apps
• You understand that DevOps is a mindset, not a job description
• You thrive working in a small team with large responsibilities
• You believe that writing tests is part of a feature, and not optional
• You embrace a customer centric mindset when designing solutions
• You enjoy learning about new technologies or working on side projects in your free time
Ideally, you also have:
• Experience contributing to Open-source projects
• Experience with remote work and its unique challenges
About Dr. Bill We’re an autonomous company (recently acquired by RBC Ventures) who are working to make medical billing easy for Canadian physicians. You’ll join as an employee of RBC and get all the perks of working for a big company, but with a start-up mind-set and the agility to move quickly. You’ll be measured on output, not your hours worked. That means your schedule is flexible and you can work from home or remotely within Canada. We’re currently a small team but we’re growing, hiring for several positions. You’ll be joining a team that’s moving quickly and focused on producing results.
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
City: Remote from Toronto or Vancouver
Address: Remote from Toronto or Vancouver
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 01/26/2021
Platform: Technology and Operations
Req ID: 302251
Ad Code(s): None