Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses-and to our own.
Enterprise Technology & Services (ETS) delivers shared technology services for the Firm supporting all business applications and end users. ETS provides capabilities for all stages of the Firm’s software development lifecycle, enabling productive coding, functional and integration testing, application releases, and ongoing monitoring and support for over 3,000 production applications.
ETS also delivers all workplace technologies (desktop, mobile, voice, video, productivity, intranet/internet) in integrated configurations that boost the personal productivity of our employees. Application and end user services are delivered on a scalable, secure, and reliable infrastructure composed of seamlessly integrated datacenter, network, compute, cloud, storage, and database services.
The Data Engineering group in the Core Infrastructure at Morgan Stanley provides technologies and platform required to model, provision, transform, analyze, report, visualize, store and protect enterprise data. The team is responsible for the delivery and operation of these products.
Our team owns a firm-wide platform which is responsible for handling file exchange between Morgan Stanley and external entities, including Morgan Stanley clients, vendors, and the stock exchanges.
Roles and responsibilities:
The candidate will part of a global Information distribution systems development team and will be involved in development and maintenance of various distributed frontend/backend systems including middleware components, web, desktop and infrastructure components.
– Design & implement distributed applications, enhance and support existing systems.
– Utilize strong object oriented design (OOD), algorithms & programming skills to implement distributed systems of multi-tier architecture.
– Work closely with internal, external clients and users to deliver solutions.
– Will have the opportunity to participate in system integration efforts and requirements gathering for projects involving multiple teams and systems.
In addition to this, candidate will also work on various integration/special projects that involves working with different business units like Core Equity, Prime Brokerage, and Investment Management etc. The team also works on technical R&D and cutting-edge solutions to improve performance & scalability and for integrating new products and technologies in our system.
-5 + years of experience in a similar role
– Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or other related engineering fields are all acceptable
– Good knowledge of Spring Framework and Spring boot.
– Good working knowledge of Unix/Linux based systems, APIs and shell scripting.
– Knowledge of distributed systems/algorithms, SOA, MQ Series, CXF, Web Services, Multi-threading.
– Familiarity with networking protocols like TCP/IP, HTTPS, FTP, SSH/SFTP and SMTP.
– Knowledge of Sybase or any RDBMS
– Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
– Good verbal and written communication skills
– A Team Player
– Knowledge of enterprise managed file transfer (MFT) systems like IBM Connect: Direct is preferable.
– Knowledge of security standards, cryptography & encryption techniques like PGP.
– Development experience on Desktop Applications.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
Spotlight on our Montreal Technology Centre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo5GaXpCwKs
*Video dated October 2019.