Generac Power Systems
Company Neurio Technology
Name Full Stack Engineer – Clean Energy – Neurio Technology
Req # 55855
Employment Type Full Time
Are you interested in joining a high-growth company and software team in the Clean Energy industry?
Do you want to work with massive amounts of real-time energy data, and the latest technologies in IoT, machine learning, big data, and mobile and web apps?
Come join the Clean Energy Team in our mission to accelerate the adoption of renewable energy and create a more intelligent home.
Neurio, a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems, is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to contribute to our technical vision and to design and build our new cloud web and mobile applications.
Our software combines intermittent energy sources like solar with residential storage systems in order to build a reliable, environmentally sustainable electricity grid. Our applications help homeowners control their appliances and renewable energy sources for energy savings, help them manage and understand their homes’ energy consumption, help installers manage large fleets of devices, and much more.
This positions is located in Vancouver, BC.
What will you do?
You will have significant responsibility and influence in shaping the applications you build. We are looking for someone to iterate quickly on all stages from development to production, including bringing new products to market.
Ability to execute front end and back end development throughout the entire development process. Driving continuous improvements from leveraging modern tools and frameworks that enables us to release more frequently.
Successful candidates will have strong engineering skills and communication, and a belief that data driven processes lead to great products. You will need to have a passion for quality and an ability to understand complex systems.
Above all you should be passionate about solving real world problems, and brining value to the applications you create.
As part of this role, you will be required to:
Implement web applications that meet market needs and are easily extended with evolving business needs – front end and back end development
Review project ideas and provide technology input, prescribing appropriate application solutions, which balance business requirements with Generac’s technology standards to arrive at the optimal solution.
Maintain technical expertise in emerging technical trends.
Write user and technical specifications in line with business needs.
Self-directed and capable of working in a dynamic and startup-like environment with a high attention to detail.
What will you be required to have?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2 years’ experience programming in Java
- 2 years’ experience with React.js / React Native and frameworks (such as Flux or Redux)
- Experience writing and debugging SQL queries
What else will you need to be successful?
- Adept in building microservices using Java and developing REST APIs
- Knowledge of deploying applications in AWS ( S3, ECS, Lambda, etc )
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services
- Experience with AWS services EC2, ECS, serverless computing, EBS, RDS, S3, IAM, etc.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with HTML / CSS / TypeScript
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools and processes; Git, Jenkins, Maven, CircleCI.
Why work for us?
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Employer RRSP contribution matching
- Unlimited vacation (and we genuinely encourage you to use it)
- Work-from-home flexibility
- Spacious new office in the heart of downtown Vancouver
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”