About Cox Automotive Canada
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells, and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. In Canada, the Cox Automotive family includes Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, HomeNet®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, Ready Logistics®, RMS Automotive®, vAuto®, VinSolutions® and Xtime®, along with a host of other brands in other countries. The global company has 34,000 team members in more than 220 locations and is a partner to more than 50,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of 120-year-old Cox Enterprises, Inc., which has revenues exceeding $20 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises’ other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive Canada, visit coxautoinc.ca .
The Software developer is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining web and web services based software applications. These applications fulfill critical business needs and directly impact our customers. We are looking for a motivated individual with zest for learning and passion for technology to be part of our Engineering team. If you’ve got that spark and want to be a part of a dynamic team building something great, we look forward to hearing from you!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing and testing complex Web applications
- Designing applications to balance customer and internal (support and maintenance) needs
- Clean coding patterns
- Working in a team-oriented Agile environment to accomplish high-level business goals
- Contributing solutions to issues and problems across product areas
- Providing progress updates and following through on commitments to the team to meet deadlines
- Working with business users to define requirements for applications and suggesting improvements
- Adhering to policies regarding Development Life Cycle, IT controls, and changing control for all development
Qualifications, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or other related field combined with three years of software development experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Effective listening and communication skills
- Should be highly adaptable, detail-oriented, and able to work autonomously
- Use of business-oriented approach of understanding development goals from a customer perspective and how individual tasks contribute; use of cater-development approach to improve those results
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively
- Ability and desire to problem-solve, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong desire for continuous learning and personal growth
- Work as part of a small team to build React Native iOS / Android applications for FullStack’s clients
- Experience in Mobile application development using React Native
- Implement pixel perfect UI’s that match designs
- Integrate third-party API’s and release applications to the Apple and Google Play stores
- Experience with version control systems like Git/SVN is required
- Experience making architectural decisions that will help us scale our product
- Proficiency with MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server is required
- Proficiency with MongoDB or another NoSQL database is required
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms are required
- Experience with AWS Services like Lambdas Functions, API Gateways, Elastic Search, s3 bucket, Redis would be a plus
- Experience with Docker build and deploy applications is an asset
- Amazing benefits : 5 weeks paid vacation per year ; Generous Insurance plan (medical, dental, life, disability) ; RRSP contribution plan ; Venngo Discount programs; and much more!
- At Cox Automotive Canada, our employees are our greatest resource!
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.