IVANS Insurance Solutions, a division of Applied Systems, is currently searching for a talented Full Stack Developer-Python/REST to join our team. You will be responsible for the new development, enhancements, and maintenance of our insurance carrier software products and web services using Python, React, and SQL in an Agile environment. Your efforts will ensure we deliver on our commitments to our customers and our industry through maintaining and developing innovative software solutions.
- Develop web applications, APIs, and back end system connectivity
- Take ownership of new ideas from concept launch, and iterate quickly
- Being accountable to your team members and the organization to deliver high quality technical solutions to provide business value
- Design and implement new solutions based on Product Management specifications
- Research problems and various solutions, while devising a plan to solve these problems
- Identify and communicate possible improvements in the work process for customers and peers
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS JOB
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in full stack development using Python, React, SQL in a cloud environment
- Experience in a DevOps culture for cloud-based software solutions
- Development experience in an Agile Scrum or Kanban environment preferred
- Experience with the following a plus:
- Container platforms like Docker and Kubernetes desired
- CI/CD processes with GitHub, GitLab, or similar
- Django or similar frameworks
- Google Cloud Platform Technologies.
- Flexibility and enthusiasm for learning new technologies, skills, tools and ideas
- Ability to work with others in a team-oriented environment
- Skilled at software defect resolution
- Excellent communication skills
WHO WE ARE
- LEADING GLOBAL PROVIDER OF CLOUD-BASED INSURANCE SOFTWARE– IVANS cloud-based software automates the distribution and servicing of insurance products throughout the insurance lifecycle among agents, brokers, insurers and consumers. By enabling greater access to information and automating workflows, our customers can capitalize on new business opportunities, increase the efficiency and profitability of their businesses, and continuously deliver the high-level service that customers expect.
- CLIENTS– For more than 30 years, IVANS innovation and expertise has connected 32,000 independent insurance agencies and 400 insurer and MGA partners to enable millions of people to safeguard and protect what matters most in people’s lives.
- EMPLOYEES– We have employees across the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
COMPANY CULTURE & PERKS
- JOIN A GREAT TEAM– We believe that success comes from a dynamic working environment that offers professionals an opportunity to grow and succeed alongside extraordinary people. We encourage idea sharing, problem solving, and teamwork in our environment.
- DIVERSITY MATTERS- We strive to create a positive workplace culture for those of different thinking, backgrounds, experiences, expertise, and individual qualities across our organization. We want the best and the brightest to be a part of a growing culture that embraces a sense of belonging.
- RELAXED DRESS CODE– IVANS allows for a relaxed dress code where jeans are permitted; we call this “Dress for your Day”.
- FUN PARTIES & PERKS– Fun perks are a staple at Applied, including holiday parties with games and contests, summer celebrations employee appreciation events, art contests, employee discount programs, and more!
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT– We are a growing company that offers career opportunities, and not just “another job”. IVANS believes in growing our employees and promoting from within, offering many opportunities for professional advancement along the way!
- CAREER STABILITY & LONGEVITY– Our average employee tenure is 9 years.
- IVANS CARES– We have a culture that embraces and promotes volunteerism. We encourage our employees to help local charities and communities.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
- BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE– IVANS offers Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision, Virtual Doctors’ Appointments, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Critical Illness, Group Accident, and Wellness Incentives to ensure employees are covered from day one.
- FINANCIAL PEACE OF MIND– In addition to wellness benefits, IVANS offers traditional and Roth 401k options, with employer match. Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short and Long Term Disability, and Business Travel Accident insurance are also offered.
- WORKLIFE BALANCE– There is more to life than work: that is why IVANS offers benefits to help balance your work and home life. We offer competitive paid vacation time, personal/sick time, paid holidays, summer hours, paid parental leave, volunteer time off, and a free day off for your birthday!
TO LEARN MORE
- Please visit ivansinsurance.com
IVANS Insurance Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Diversity and Inclusion is a business imperative and is a part of building our brand and reputation. At Applied, we are committed to recruit, develop, retain, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.