Trend Micro, a global leader in cybersecurity, is passionate about making the world safe for exchanging digital information today and in the future. Artfully applying our XGen™ security strategy, our innovative solutions for consumers, businesses, and governments deliver connected security for data centers, cloud workloads, networks, and endpoints.
Optimized for leading environments, including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft® , and VMware® , our layered solutions enable organizations to automate the protection of valuable information from today’s threats. Our connected threat defense enables seamless sharing of threat intelligence and provides centralized visibility and investigation to make organizations their most resilient.
With over 6,500 employees in 50 countries and the world’s most advanced global threat research and intelligence, Trend Micro enables organizations to secure their connected world. www.trendmicro.com
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply craftsmanship to a digital experience? Our Trend Micro Cloud One development team is passionate about building highly interactive and well architected end to end experiences that are as much a delight to use as they are to build.
You’ll be one of the first developers on a diverse team that is building a fresh holistic user experience for our cloud security platform, skillfully deciding when new capability is needed, or if leveraging of existing feature sets, APIs, and backend services is the best move. Our goal is to provide a delightful user experience for our customers that enables them to access the value of our platform as quickly and with as little friction as possible.
To achieve these goals, we are looking to meet developers that are eager to move fast on a team that owns as much of the end to end user experience as possible, and to this end we are open to developers of all experience levels. This team is responsible for everything – from the design of the experience, to architecting and building new React JS web applications deployed on AWS infrastructure, as well as providing data and business logic tiers where necessary on cloud native technology. If this sounds interesting, we’d love to hear how you think you can contribute.
You will have the support of an expansive and broad Trend Micro development team, from which to learn, to share your methodologies, data driven approaches, successes and failures, to contribute to the proven success, innovation, and customer loyalty we have in the area of Cloud security.
As a Full Stack Developer, your day-to-day includes:
- Collaboration with UX team members by aligning on requirements and translating designs and wireframes into high quality web applications
- Building and architecting rich front-end experiences with micro frontend architecture, using modern front-end frameworks such as React JS to construct the abstractions with shared components, queried data and managed state
- Building out the necessary back-end components to provide flexible APIs to the front-end as well as customers, and getting the data necessary using highly performant serverless and cloud native technologies
- Work with your squad in short sprints to achieve regular business objectives and outcomes
- Practice DevOps by analyzing front-end telemetry capability to understand user behaviour and software performance
- Develop and own cloud-native software delivery pipeline to achieve rapid delivery to production multiple times a day
- Bachelor of computer science, software engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience with application development including debugging, performance analysis, and optimization
- 2+ years of commercial front-end software development experience using ReactJS or similar front-end framework
- 2+ years of experience AWS Cloud native application development including AWS Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience managing front-end states (with Redux, Context API or similar) and designing data models that scale with RESTful API or GraphQL in complex, single-page web applications
- Understand end-to-end front-end development methodologies and tool chains such as Yarn, Babel, Webpack, Rollup, ESLint, DevTools and Node.js
- Knowledge with AWS Services (S3, CloudFront, Cognito, lambda) & other serverless concepts, or equivalant on other cloud providers
- Experienced with component testing and end-to-end testing with browser automation, as well as backend API testing
- Experience with automated Jenkins CI/CD pipelines and/or AWS Code Pipeline
Personal Qualities we’re looking for:
- You are comfortable working independently and within a team
- Seek to foster a culture of inclusion and constructive communication
- A strong desire to learn, and a stronger desire to effectively communicate the learning to multiply the value for others
- You have rational opinions, and you are able to make compromises
- You like getting things done and care about how they get done
- You are proactive and self-directed, work well with uncertainty, and take the time to identify issues and opportunities
- You strive for achievement and to make a difference
Trend Micro welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.