At thinking Capital, we’re changing the landscape of financial technology!
Simply put, our mission is to empower Canadian small businesses through innovative financial services. At the heart of our offering is our digital experience, which is powered by our proprietary software platform, our real time connections to a multitude of data sources and our advanced data science models. We are squarely in the corner of owners and entrepreneurs, providing for them, and at the right moment, the financial support they need to grow and thrive.
We are looking for a talented Full-Stack Developer who can bring their passion for building digital products to our team.
You have spent countless hours over the years learning the academics and practical skills to be a great developer. Coding for you is a passion and shockingly people are willing to pay you to do it! You are lazy and never do anything more than once, it is always scripted or you build a robot, that’s how you roll. At Thinking Capital, we encourage everyone to trust themselves and embrace who they are.
Everyone in the team is an integral contributor to our products, working with our customers to design the best solutions. Our open work culture provides the opportunity for you to contribute to all aspects of our technology: data engineering, cutting edge front-end experiences, developing new APIs, integrating event queues for 3rd party SaaS services, all under a 24/7 cloud service deployed platform.
As a key member of our team you will collaborate with your colleagues to design, develop and deploy a high quality cloud service for small business financing.
What You Will Do:
- Develop customer solutions through collaboration with our product, data science and customer experience experts
- Have the opportunity to own and drive solutions to customer problems
- Write secure code for APIs, frontend, backend, web, mobile, partner integration
- Solve problems and integrate with partner development teams
- Deliver using agile, test driven design methodology
- Learn and adapt technologies to real problems
The skills & experience you bring
- Ruby on Rails or other web application frameworks
- Relational databases such as PostgresQL, MySQL
- Experience with event based systems (e.g RabbitMq, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience building cutting edge customer products
- Proficiency with Linux/UNIX command-line
- Love to own problems and drive solutions
Other valued skills & experience
- Git or other version control systems
- Building a RESTful API
- Heroku, AWS
- Security & Cryptography
- Experience in payment and billing or other finance solutions
Why you should join us:
Surround yourself with a high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission.
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital.
Take on complex projects in an innovative, start-up-like environment.
Benefit from an amazing working environment offering you the flexibility to do your best work
Diversity of thought:
Join a team that values diversity and collaboration.
Thinking Capital is a leader in the Canadian FinTech industry and Canada’s largest non-bank lender to small businesses. Since its inception in 2006, the company has enabled over 16,000 businesses to quickly, conveniently and securely access capital to grow.
The company has offices in Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa. Thinking Capital is a subsidiary of Purpose Financial, a diversified financial services platform focused on addressing historically underserved segments of the market. Purpose is backed by OMERS and TorQuest Partners.