Royal Bank of Canada
What is the opportunity?
The Retail Credit and Payment Systems team is looking for a Senior Technical Systems Analyst/Full Stack Application Developer to join the fast paced and exciting world of application development. You will have the responsibility to deliver APIs/ services designed to resolve technical and business system needs while working closely with various partners across IT and business. Primary duties include design and development for applications in a WMB/IIB/ ACE11 environment. You will be involved in all aspects of the development and or maintenance process including technical assessment, time and effort estimation, brainstorming with partners in largely Agile environment, ensuring SRE and DevOps enablement and providing the best possible solution. The preferred candidate would have experience with middleware technologies such as WMB/IIB and MQSeries, Cloud technologies like PCF and OpenShift as well as zO/S, ODM, Elastic and Machine Learning.
What will you do?
- Design, code and document applications in a WMB/IIB10/ ACE 11 environment
- Integration of IIB flows with mainframe or downstream systems via REST APIs and integration with Cloud (PCF/ OpenShift) or ODM and SAP interfaces
- Execute unit test, system and integration test
- Lead and mentor team members throughout the Project Lifecycle along with providing consulting services on new initiatives (small to large of varying complexity)
- Assess, research and analyze business and system needs, exploring alternative options to recommend technology solutions and designs that meet sponsor needs and software Development Lifecycle deliverables including component reusability, data sharing and security.
- Prepare high level and detailed technical specifications for small to medium projects in accordance with lifecycle, security and architecture documentation objectives
- Ensure Site Reliability Engineering and DevOps enablement as part of projects
- Occasional off-hours support
What do you need to succeed?
- 7+ years of experience in an application development role
- Experience/Understanding with different design techniques/tools (e.g. OO. Top-down, structured analysis, component-based design), Middleware technologies – specifically MQSeries, WMB/IIB/ ACE11 and generally Cloud (Spring, PCF, OpenShift) and IBM ODM Operational Decision Manager)
- Worked with different programming language experience (e.g. ESQL,JCL, Java, C, XML, UML, JSON)
- Knowledge of REST, JDBC, JCA (Java Connector Architecture)
- Experience with AIX, Linux and Windows; Hadoop, SCON, DB/2 client/server & SQL Experience and/or Knowledge
- Experience/Understanding of Automated Build/Deploy process through Jenkins/UCD and familiar with the DevOps / Agile/ Site Reliability Engineering
- Previous experience with platform migrations specifically WMB/ IIB to ACE11
- Knowledge of distributed systems and micro services
- Knowledge of Search, Analytics and Machine Learning Tools (e.g., Elastic)
- Use of QA automation tools
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Address: 180 Wellington St West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 02/28/2021
Platform: Technology and Operations
Req ID: 305083