What is the opportunity?
The Developer is responsible for supporting the Securitization business and assisting the change management strategy of the Capital Markets Banking Technology group. The individual will support the team by providing technical expertise, industry best practices and supporting several business functions including Conduits, AFS (Available for Sale) and SLARS (Student Loans Auction Rate Securities). This role add values by executing the vision of our business partners and furthering their agendas to meet business demands. The individual will ensure that all enhancements and prototypes are built to the specification of the business requirement by the specify deadline. The role aligns within our business and its overall strategy as it provides support and change releases while reducing the number of impact of issues and outages.
What will you do?
- Work on new initiatives and changes required as mandated by business
- Engage closely with the team lead to work on changes to meet critical deadlines
- Recommend improvements across all aspects of application in terms of technology and functionality
- Understand manage and communicate prioritization of features with a mind toward user and business benefits and trade-offs
- Create robust, reusable software.
- Influence cross discipline teams on next generation front end development and user experience.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and drive project progress and benefits.
- Collaborate with server and UX teams to deliver best in class solutions
- Design & implement common patterns, services, components and frameworks
What do you need to succeed?
- 6 years developer experience
- 4+ years of experience with financial firms.
- C#, ASP.Net and SQL Server, JQuery, bootstrap, css3, html5.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest, Enzyme, Jasmine, Mocha, etc.
- Experience with Java based server side technologies is a plus.
- Strong team player, open minded to consider novel approaches to solving difficult problems.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Energetic – willing to work hard, and take pride in success.
- Self-motivated – driven to get results, takes initiative and needs minimum oversight.
- Work closely with business on requirements and support
- Work closely with team lead and other developers on development initiatives
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 155 Wellington St West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 01/31/2021
Req ID: 302398