Full Stack Developer
This position is with IQVIA’s Privacy Analytics team in Ottawa, Canada. For more information about Privacy Analytics, please visit us at https://privacy-analytics.com
This position is with IQVIA’s Privacy Analytics team in Ottawa, Canada. Located downtown in the heart of the National Capital Region, Privacy Analytics is on the cutting edge of data de-identification and re-identification research and we have translated this patented research into an amazing offering of software products and services that are enabling researchers to access healthcare data for analysis while ensuring individuals’ identities are protected.
Our Java- and Scala-based flagship product sits on the cutting edge of technology and is a scalable, distributed enterprise engine built on Apache Spark that processes terabytes of data to conduct both mathematical calculations and data transformations. The work we do spans the entire spectrum of enterprise feature development, data analytics at scale, UI design and development, statistical modelling, and algorithm design all the way down to low-level algorithmic optimizations. We tackle technical problems that will engage and challenge the brightest minds, and we have very big ambitions ahead of us for which we’re expanding our team.
In this role, you will:
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Design and develop test automation scripts
- Collaborate with QA Analysts and Software Developers to improve quality across products
- Stay up to date with emerging QA technologies and best practices
You’ll be using skills in:
- Problem analysis & trouble shooting
- Python & Shell scripting
- Programming languages and debugging (Java, C#)
- CI/CD Tools including Jenkins, Artifactory, Maven etc
- Operating Systems (Linux and Microsoft)
- Cloud Technologies (AWS & Azure)
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Degree or diploma in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
- Approx. 5+ years in a software QA environment
- Previous experience as a Test Automation Engineer
- Previous experience in an Agile development environment will be an asset
Office Address: Laurier Ave W #200, Ottawa, ON K1P 5J6, Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Privacy Analytics is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .