1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The ideal candidate will work on website and desktop development projects as part of a cross-functional, remote Scrum team, targeting different application layers as the projects require. The initial, greenfield, initiative is being developed with Angular on the front-end and Node.js on the back, hosted in AWS, making use of AWS cloud services. This exciting project, requiring primarily front-end development, will center on combining data from several of Xylem’s water infrastructure inspection and analysis technologies into a compelling client portal.
As the project matures, the opportunity to work with other teams and technologies will emerge, with Java and .NET being likely possibilities. For this reason, the idea candidate will be flexible enough to take on new development challenges and possess a can-do attitude to adapt to the technologies required by future projects.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Front-end website development using the latest version of the Angular framework
- Collaborating with the product owner and UI/UX designers to ensure that all elements of the website user interface are consistent
- Writing unit tests
- Submitting and reviewing pull requests
- Participation in all standard Scrum ceremonies
- Performing technical spikes to research new technologies
- Back-end and REST API, and application development in Node.js, Java, and .NET based on competency and future project requirements
- Database design
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of experience in software development with exposure to the Angular framework as well as Java and/or .NET application or web development
- Solid understanding and experience using the Angular framework, preferably version 9 or higher
- Ability to develop a front-end to match a UI/UX mock-up, meeting design standards
- Experience in AWS/Azure cloud development including lambda functions, S3/Blob, and cloud databases
- Experience writing unit tests, in TDD or 80% code-coverage scenarios
- Experience working on a cross-functional Scrum team employing paired programming and pull-requests is a necessity.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems with minimal direction
- Committed to being a team player dedicated to the success of the group as a whole
- Experience with a testing framework such as Jasmine, Mocha, or Jest
- Working knowledge of SCSS
- Experience with Typescript
- Familiarity with linting tools such as TSLint or ESLint
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket
- Micro-frontend development experience
- Familiarly with continuous integration tools, ideally Bitbucket Pipelines
- Working knowledge of server-side development in Node.js
- Web development experience using Java and the Spring framework
- Web UI development experience in .NET using Blazor or similar UI framework.
- Desktop application experience in Java or .NET appreciated
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours