Businesses are built by the experiences they provide, and every day millions of those experiences are delivered by Avaya Holdings Corp. (NYSE: AVYA). Avaya is shaping what’s next for the future of work, with innovation and partnerships that deliver game-changing business benefits. Our cloud communications solutions and multi-cloud application ecosystem power personalized, intelligent, and effortless customer and employee experiences to help achieve strategic ambitions and desired outcomes. Together, we are committed to help grow your business by delivering Experiences that Matter. Learn more at www.avaya.com.
About the Role
We are looking for some intelligent and experienced software engineers who specialize in developing highly available, horizontally scalable cloud-based applications. He/she must have a solid understanding on either front-end (SPA) or back-end (REST API) frameworks, passion and willingness to learn new technologies and innovate is critical.
We’re hiring both front-end and backend web developers. It is ideal if you have both ends but ok if you have spent most of the time on one side or the other.
About the Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve web applications
- Optimize for scale to support millions of users
- Collaborate with other development teams
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
- Design of the overall architecture of the web application
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
About the Requirements
Front – End Skills:
- React.js/Redux is a must have skill. Knowledge on other SPA frameworks such as Angular.js/Vue.js is a plus.
- NPM, Yarn, WebPack, Grunt/Gulp.
- Very comfortable dealing with CSS/HTML, Bootstrap/Flexbox layouts
- Experience with Web Components is a nice to have
- Very sensitive to end-user experience and user flow
- Some mobile experience with iOS or Android would be nice to have.
- Familiarity with at least one web framework: Node.js Express. Django/Flask. Asp.net, Go net/http (or others)…etc.
- Proficiency in Node.js async programming. Knowing Python is a plus
- Proficiency in MongoDB/Mongoose. Knowing other NoSQL and SQL databases is also a plus.
- Log analysis, debugging and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of popular authentication mechanisms: OAuth2/OpenID Connect/JWT/Session
- Hands-on experience on any of the big cloud providers: Google Cloud Platform (preferred), AWS, Azure.
- Experience implementing blue/green and canary deployments
- Conceptually understand the following: Load balancer, VPC peering, Auto Scaler. Kubernetes, Docker
- Know how to horizontally scale web applications to increase concurrency level to multimillion end users
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code (Terraform, Terragrunt) is a plus
- Experience implementing blue/green and canary deployments is a plus
- Additional Dev-ops experience is also a plus
Completion of a 4-year Computer Science (or related discipline) University degree program.