Are you looking to do your life’s work and excel at something you’re passionate about? At Assent Compliance we understand that opportunities are all around us, everyday, in some of the most unique scenarios. Finding the one that excites and interests you is something we take very seriously. Enabling our staff to be inspired by one another and building a team of like minded individuals who remain smart, curious and passionate is in our mission and Assent DNA. We believe in working hard, staying humble and letting our success do all the talking. Welcome to an opportunity that will give you the pathway to do your life’s work in a meaningful way, with supported growth and the encouragement to inspire, and be inspired, by those around you on a daily basis.
We’re looking for smart people who are passionate about their craft and work creatively to solve real problems. You’re committed to quality and excellence and demonstrate this through your communication and exceptional coding skills.
This role is open to people located preferably in Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo – other locations will be considered.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Develop innovative software applications that solve diverse and complex challenges in the collection, management and analysis of supply-chain data.
- Collaborate with your scrum team to devise technical solutions that meet our business needs
- Develop and implement new features, technical improvements and bug fixes-all to iteratively and continuously the value and quality we deliver;
- Demonstrate excellence in practices by following design guidelines and coding standards, as well as security and quality requirements;
- Implement unit and functional tests;
- Investigate and resolve production issues;
- Participate in scrum team activities and requirement reviews;
- Work with like-minded individuals;
- Make an impact on how we work and collaborate internally;
- Review code and makes recommendations for design changes;
- Be a key component on how Assent grows as a company and thought leader in the space of global compliance.
Does this sound like you:
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science (or related) and at least 5 years software development experience;
- Writing unit tests
- Working in an Agile/Scrum environment;
- Collaborating with other developers, product managers, industry SME’s, and designers;
- Demonstrated experience in object-oriented programming;
- Experience with SOA, RESTful services;
- Experience developing enterprise web applications;
- Experience with the .NET framework and C#; OR experience with AWS and its development platform and services (NodeJS, noSQL)
How does this benefit you?
At Assent, our goal is to provide more value to our employees than we capture ourselves. As the leading global compliance software provider, we continue to offer an ambitious, fast-paced and welcoming work environment allowing our staff to thrive in all areas of their personal and career development.
In addition to a competitive salary, a benefits plan that starts the same day you do, and an optional on-site work location (in Ottawa), you can expect to:
- Love what you do as part of a supportive team with a supportive and welcoming work culture
- Advance your career in a position with high growth potential
- Choose how you work best in a flexible work environment
- Help create positive change by being part of a sustainable work environment with lots of opportunities to help the community through our charitable work
At Assent, your contribution and presence has purpose. Our team continues to challenge each other everyday so we can grow and learn together ; we dig deep to build a culture of innovation, support and high performance for our people and our clients.
Apply for This Job