Can you imagine yourself working where you play? Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment across Canada and is home to the country’s largest and most innovative circuit of movie theatres. But while we entertain over 70 million guests every year, Cineplex is also much more than a Film Entertainment & Content company – offering exciting, progressive and rewarding career opportunities in Amusement & Leisure and Media sectors.
Change and disruption are nothing new to Cineplex and we have a strong legacy of infusing innovation into everything we do to stay relevant and competitive. This has led to the creation of a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media) and amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group). Capitalizing on what we do best, we also operate a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). We are also a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex is made up of 13,000 dedicated employees across Canada and the United States who rally behind our values of Innovation, Excellence and Teamwork. We are creative, curious and love big thinking. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here and we want it to start with you!
As a key member of the team chartered with delivering world-class movie experiences, the Front-End Software Developer is responsible for building and evolving the customer-facing web applications across the Cineplex ecosystem. You will work closely with designers, usability researchers, product managers, and architects to create best in class user experiences.
- Deliver performant and scalable web experiences that are viewed by millions of Canadians across the nation
- Build fully responsive dynamic pages and templates using the latest web technologies (JAM Stack, React, Next.js, CSS-in-JS).
- Contribute to the development of a growing component library to enable reuse and a simplified path to production across the organization.
- Work closely with visual designers to push the boundaries of what’s possible and help define best practices.
- Integrate with a headless CMS and various APIs to deliver a combination of static and dynamic web experiences
- 3+ years experience building front-end web applications
- Post-secondary education in programming
- Expertise with the following technology stack:
- Modern front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, etc.)
- HTML & CSS (and CSS pre/post-processors i.e. SASS, postCSS, etc.)
- Front-end build tooling (i.e. webpack)
- Experience building data-driven experiences (API or Headless CMS integration)
- Experience with modern accessibility tools and best practices
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agency Calls Please