Requisition ID: 276754
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As a Front End Developer in the SAP eCommerce Delivery team, you will be primarily responsible for implementing the front end layer of web applications. Your goal is to delight our customers by delivering an exceptional storefront user experience written in high quality code. To be successful, you will need a broad understanding of front end tools, technologies and processes to ensure you respect coding standards and industry best practices. Additionally, you will be expected to share your knowledge by coaching and mentoring other developers in your field of expertise.
The key responsibilities of this role are the following:
- Implementing front end layer for responsive web applications
- Cross-team alignment to ensure best practice and standards
- Conducting code reviews for front end related tasks
- Technical/functional consulting for front end related topics to customers
- Participating in user interface design for projects in collaboration with customers and design agencies
- Coaching and mentoring of back end and full stack developers on front end topics
- Coordinating and delegating front end work to internal and external developers, including the customer team
- Strong focus on high-quality throughout the entire development process
- Taking part in remote customer facing activities.
Ideal candidates for this role will have the following:
- A keen sense of UX design
- 3+ years experience developing responsive web-based applications
- 2+ years experience using Angular
- Experience with RESTful web services and Asynchronous Programming
- Experience in developing Progressive Web Applications
- Experience in developing with Service Workers
- Experience with Server Side Rendering
- Experience with State Management libraries such as RxJS
- Experience with NodeJs development
- Experience and understanding of design patterns
- Ability to work as part of a self-organizing team
- Ability to take technical leadership responsibility
Any of the following would be an advantage but is not required:
- Experience (or strong interest) in agile methodologies such as Scrum/XP
- Experience with mobile native application development
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Microservices and/or Serverless architectures
- Experience in eCommerce projects
- Good understanding of SEO principles
- Good knowledge and practical experience of testing tools like Jasmine, Cypress, etc
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas:[email protected]@sap.com, APJ:[email protected], EMEA:[email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Front End, Developer, ERP, Consulting, SAP, Technology