FRONT END DEVELOPER
WHAT’S THE JOB?
Calling all explorers looking for a new adventure…
WHAT WILL I DO?
…Why, make an IMPACT of course!
Every day is a new day with fun, exciting, and interesting challenges at a startup, but the core of your time will be spent:
- Exploring and developing NEW user-facing features utilizing React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Optimizing performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
WHAT IS SOLINK?
Solink is a platform and mobile app that’s transforming conventional data into ‘smart’ data. Solink connects and synchronizes brick-and-mortar business systems like video + POS data, to create insight into loss prevention, security, and operations issues. We find new and powerful ways for businesses to get real value from the data and footage created daily by their standard systems.
We’re one of Ottawa’s greatest companies, and that’s not just our own opinion! We’ve been celebrated as one of the Top 10 Fastest Growing Companies in Ottawa by the Ottawa Business Journal, and one of Ottawa’s Top Small/Medium Employers by the 2017 BOBS awards! We have been named one of the “Four tech companies to watch in 2018” by the Ottawa Business Journal. We’re on a steep growth trajectory, which means lots to do, lots to learn, and lots to experience! What an exciting adventure ahead – and our Solinkians make the greatest travel companions… Solink thrives because of our team; we know that in our business and in our daily work, people make all the difference. We’re looking for people who are driven by curiosity, hungry to innovate and striving to make an impact.
WHAT DO I NEED TO APPLY?
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or a related field (The educational program must be recognized in Canada and you must be able to provide proof of education credentials);
- 3+ years of professional experience with React.js;
- 5+ years of professional experience building web applications;
- Passion to provide the ultimate user experience;
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement web applications;
- Strong understanding and experience of testing and debugging;
- Strong understanding and experience of browser developer tools;
- Sound knowledge of RESTful APIs and web performance;
- Responding to challenges with innovative solutions, products, or services by questioning conventional means, using intuition, experimentation & providing a fresh perspective; understanding, analyzing, synthesizing, and relating complex information and abstract variables.
- Effective communication both orally and in written form;
- Highly self-motivated and a self-starter;
- Ability to work in diverse and varied teams; and
- Ability to laugh at terrible jokes and have fun!
- Candidates must undergo a criminal records check upon hire;
- Be a Canadian Citizen (dual citizens included) or hold permanent residency;
- Be willing to comply with Solink’s own security policies and standards.
WHY JOIN US AT SOLINK?
Working with us means you’ll be working for a company that values your input and allows you to bring your ideas to life. We work hard to play hard and we celebrate all the victories! We offer a collaborative, creative, supportive work environment with a culture that is undeniably fun…
All that – PLUS we offer…
- Flexibility in your chosen hours of work (encourages that work life balance);
- Opportunities for growth based on merit, skill, and initiative;
- Friendly, welcoming and team-oriented atmosphere that fosters collaboration;
- Creative and innovative environment that mentors, supports, motivates and inspires you to make an impact;
- Interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size, type and complexity;
- An “open-door” policy where communication and brainstorming is encouraged;
- A really positive and fun environment working with an incredibly ENERGETIC team;
- Competitive salary reviewed annually;
- Fully paid Health / dental benefits offered immediately (an additional $500 spending account for items that aren’t covered in our AMAZING benefits program);
- Monthly reimbursement toward a gym membership;
- A fantastic office in Kanata North as part of Ottawa’s Kanata Research Park (KRP), giving you access to amazing people, networking, and social events.
- Extracurricular SOLINKIAN social events (annual “solink-o de mayo”, so-learns, sports teams, so-lunches, team builders, and much more)
- Please note: While we are currently operating remotely during the pandemic, this position will return to being onsite in our Ottawa headquarters.
We know that everyone has different experiences and that’s what makes all of us so unique. Solink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re looking at building our team of great people and we know that comes in various forms. We are committed to a diverse and representative workforce, an open and inclusive work environment and we encourage all candidates with interest to apply. We will provide accommodation on request through all parts of the selection process.
Please send us an up-to-date resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in Solink and tell us why you’d make a great addition to our energetic Team.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Solink. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Apply for This Job