At CapIntel, our mission is to elevate finance to build wealth for all. To achieve this, we’re transforming the way Financial Advisors work.
This is important because the decisions Financial Advisors make have a big impact on clients and their financial goals. They need to be able to assess options quickly to ensure they’re picking the right investments.
The problem is the process right now is manual an inefficient. This means that Advisors can’t always get the information they need, making it harder to analyze funds, and potentially leading to missed financial goals for their clients.
We’re developing a product to change that. In order to fulfill our mission, we want to make the system more efficient, so Advisors get better context to make more informed decisions. Ultimately, we want to ensure that anyone investing their hard-earned money can meet their goals.
Diversity builds better teams, and we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
As a Front-end Developer, you will be at the forefront of this transformation. We’re in the process of launching a major expansion to our software. You’ll get hands on experience building features from the beginning, engaging with our UI/UX team, and providing your own thoughts on how we can best expand this system. You will also be encouraged to engage with our users to see how excited our clients get when they interact with the platform.
- Be a technical resource to support colleagues;
- Design and implement overall architecture of the web application;
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness and performance of applications;
- Review code from your peers to ensure best code quality;
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features;
- Work with designers and convert designs into front end code;
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection;
- Write modules to interface with third party services;
- Write tests and perform QA for code across the whole platform;
- Contribute UX and UI ideas for the design of new features;
- Help CapIntel run better as a team by providing feedback on our approach.
- At least 3 years of React.js experience
- At least 3 years of Redux.js experience
- Advanced HTML/CSS skills
- An ambition to learn and to achieve, and a positive attitude
- Experience working with components of or the entire MERN stack
- Ability to work well in teams under deadlines
Not Sure You Meet These?
CapIntel is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. If you’re not sure you qualify for this position, we’d still like you to apply. While we do value experience, we also know not everyone’s worked with the MERN stack. Through experience, we know it’s most important you bring a positive attitude, a hunger to learn, and pride in developing quality software.
What to Expect When You Apply
Our process for interviewing candidates is simple. We’ll do a phone screen with a member of the team. This will be followed by an exploratory conversation with our Lead Engineer. After that we may send a coding test (if you have limited experience with React, for example). The final step is a call with our CTO, covering both interpersonal and technical topics. It’s not too rigid or defined, we know that interviews can be hard to show your best work. We’ll do our best to create a friendly and inviting experience.
At CapIntel, we run on the Extreme Ownership framework developed by Jocko WIllink and Leif Babin. This is a proven framework that allows everyone to know what’s expected of them while working with the team. Using an independent, proven set of guidelines is helpful to ensure we’re doing our best as a team.
It centers around five key principles:
- Extreme Ownership: It’s best summed up by “any mistakes that occur in the business are ultimately the fault of the leader”. That means that we make sure we equip you with the right environment, tools, and frameworks to do your best. We stay humble in our approach and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table to make us run better as a team.
- Teamwork: It’s an important word, and it’s central to our business. We look out for each other so we can all get the job done together. That means being supportive, encouraging each other, and creating a safe environment for everyone to have fun and work hard.
- Simple: For you to be your best, you first need to understand what is asked of you. That’s why we reinforce open communication and transparency.
- Prioritize and Execute: Your days will be busy! It’s important you know how to make a list of priority activities, and to complete them. Ever confused with what to prioritize? Ask a teammate – we’re here to help.
- Decentralized Command: In this job description, you’ve probably noted that we say we want your feedback and input several times. That’s because it’s core to how we operate. We trust our team members, and we give them the freedom to try things out on their own, without the fear of making mistakes. You bring unique skills and experiences to bear, and we really want to hear from you. Whether that’s in team meetings or one-on-one if that’s more comfortable, we want your thoughts on how we can succeed together.
We’re a young company with an exciting story. We want folks who want to be part of the journey we are on, and who want to help us be better. We want this to be more than just a job – we want it to be a fun challenge too. If you think this sounds like you, please let us know, we’re excited to have you on the journey.