In either a field or contact center based capacity, the Patient Support Solutions (PSS) Specialist DEDICATE acts as a central source patient support program liaison and resource and responds to PSS program incoming calls and communications within quality standards and specifications for specific pre-established program end users (health care practitioners, patients, etc.). Performs outbound calling as it applies to specific PSS program requirements. The Patient Support Solutions Specialist DEDICATE delivers a seamless service and support to the pre-established list of end users of the STI Patient Support Solutions programs by leveraging an advanced ability to facilitate drug insurance navigation on behalf of patients according to patient’s province of residence.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Practices within the scope, process and policy frameworks of the program and the role defined for Patient Support Solutions according to the DEDICATE service delivery model.
- Perform an instrumental function providing telephone, email and web-based clinical support, product inquiry, treatment best practices, treatment administration trouble shooting services to patients, pharmacists, physicians, and other health care professionals(HCP) accordingly.
- Delivers counselling to patients according to pharmaceutical manufacturer requirements.
- Provides adherence and compliance support to patients.
- Handles all internal program clinical referrals.
- Retrieves and acts upon voice messages as per established policy.
- When contact center based, manages the call queue in accordance with established policy.
- Reports Adverse Events or Adverse Drug Reactions within a 24-hour period or as per the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Responsible for performing financial means testing of patients (if applicable) within their designated support program
- Responsible for the provision, management and completion of advanced reimbursement navigation and administrative services on behalf of patients in parallel with coordination of program logistics with all stakeholders in order to ensure the best patient outcomes.
- Identify the need for compassionate, bridging, and copay support according to program scope and make arrangements accordingly on all.
- Act as an internal patient assistance program exceptional case reviewer and provide approval on behalf of pharmaceutical manufacturer clients for cases according to predetermined permissions and standards.
- Direct communication with pharmaceutical manufacturers relating to exceptional cases beyond predetermined permissions and standards requiring support.
- Completes other administrative support activities as required by gathering patient chart information including facilitating the completion and submission of drug plan special authorization forms and appeals when necessary.
Service Excellence and Development
- Respects quality standards and contributes to service excellence.
- Implements continuous quality improvement principles by serving callers in a respectful, courteous, confidential, and caring manner.
- Provides service in a manner that adheres to STI and STI client privacy policies.
- Contributes to maintaining a healthy workplace.
- Participates in and enhances unit function through team meeting attendance, effective team communication, support for changes to improve service and morale and contributions to work discussions.
- Participates in staff orientation and continuing education sessions as required.
- Represents STI Technologies Limited in external activities as appropriate.
- Contributes to team development and maintains professional conduct at all times.
- Embrace change and thrive on being part of the team’s success through communication, dedication and commitment to the company’s goals.
- University degree, including advanced or equivalent active healthcare practitioner professional designation (nurse, pharmacist, pharmacy technician, social worker, etc.) preferred coupled with a patient assistance, health insurance and/or drug reimbursement background.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience, with work experience in pharmacy, patient assistance, nursing, specialty pharma and a call center are considered strong assets.
- Fluently bilingual in French and English.
- Detailed knowledge of health insurance and health plan coverage as well as an understanding of pharmacy transactions and claims review.
- Strong computer and telecommunication skills with an advanced ability to establish rapport through telephone contact.
- Advanced knowledge of computer environments and basic computer programs (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Strong communication skills, excellent telephone etiquette, a keen eye for accuracy and the ability to quickly evaluate and respond to an array of inquiries; ability to approach a high volume of requests with a positive attitude and an ability to resolve the issue at hand.
- Able to organize workflow, have high time management skills to meet client and customer deadlines with accurate transaction and process documentation.
- Possess a strong ability to coordinate various patient services in a timely manner resulting in quick and continued access to therapy.
- Capacity to work in a team environment and support co-workers.
- Ability to identify opportunities for personal, team and service improvement and recommend workable solutions.
- Willingness to seek opportunities to advance professional development, such as volunteering for special projects or participating as a committee member.
- Ability and willingness to work rotating shifts, 9am-9pm AST, Monday to Friday.
- The ability to multitask is vital to this role along with flexibility on support hours.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.