As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you’re welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity
The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be RTL design and verification of Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) for new multi-standard radio base station products for 5G, LTE, W-CDMA, and GSM networks. The position may also involve modeling, in-system lab bring up and testing. The Ottawa team works very closely with other Radio development teams located in Sweden and China.
- Define functional specifications for the FPGA.
- Write RTL code, functional simulation, debugging, synthesis, timing closure, and hands-on integration verification in a lab environment.
- Collaborate with Hardware/Software/Systems/Integration Radio development teams, to understand overall product requirements and drive efficient solutions.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of products, tools and processes.
- Support the deployment of new Radio products and features into customer networks.
To be successful in the role you must have
- Experience in RTL design targeting FPGAs, using SystemVerilog, Verilog, and VHDL.
- 2 to 5 years of proven experience in FPGA development, with an ambition to develop a career in this field.
- Experience in functional simulation using modern verification techniques such as UVM and Assertion Based Verification.
- Familiarity with modern FPGA device families and tools, and RTL simulation in particular.
- Skilled in using scripting languages and tools (TCL, Python, Perl, Make).
- An Analytical mindset, and be results oriented with the ability to deliver under pressure and have excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- A highly motivated self-starter, able to work independently, while being a great teammate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent, with proven knowledge and interest in the above-mentioned required skills areas.
You Might Also have
- Knowledge of wireless systems and 3GPP specifications.
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing, DSP modeling, and hardware realizations.
- Mathematical analysis experience using Matlab or similar.
- SW Object Oriented Programming.
We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging every day. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance.
Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) Ottawa ProdMgt
Req ID: 496568
Job Segment: Electrical, Developer, Engineer, Network, Telecom, Engineering, Technology