Financial Analyst, Policy and Controls
Financial Officer R21
Amendment January 27: Posting closing date extended to Monday February 1, 2021
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established.
A unique opportunity to apply your financial expertise in this exciting role
The BC Public Service Agency provides human resource leadership, expertise, services and programs that contribute to better business performance of ministries and government as a whole.
The Financial Management Office is part of the Corporate Services Division and is the central financial support for the BC Public Service Agency and is responsible for the overall financial management framework. The Financial Services team within Financial Management Office is responsible for core financial operations, financial policy and procedure advice, procurement and contract administration services, audit and risk management, and financial solutions.
This position is part of the Financial Services team within the Financial Management Office, and reports to the Manager of Financial Operations. As the Financial Analyst, Policy and Controls, you are a member of the Financial Management Office team and provide financial advisory services to the BC Public Service Agency in a fast-paced environment. As an analytical thinker with excellent communication and customer service skills, you interpret financial and procurement policy and provide accurate and useful advice, guidance, and training to clients. As an organized individual with financial operations, policy and systems knowledge, you implement new initiatives/projects/systems, develop reports, and coordinate quality assurance audits. Using your experience and knowledge of financial controls, you ensure the integrity and maintenance of the financial framework by analyzing current business processes, identifying improvement opportunities and providing recommendations for change. This position is a go-to for issues resolution and client relations and is a key player in achieving the vision of financial services for the BC Public Service Agency.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact [email protected] DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
• Degree in Financial Management related discipline (i.e. Accounting, Business Administration, Finance) plus 2 years related experience; OR
• Diploma in Financial Management discipline (i.e. Accounting, Business Administration, Finance) plus 3 years related experience; OR
• Government Financial Management Certificate plus 3 years related experience; OR
• High School Diploma or Equivalent plus 5 years of progressive and related financial experience; OR
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Related experience must include all of the following:
• Application of general finance and administration policies and processes;
• Working with financial accounting systems, procedures and control mechanisms;
• Developing and maintaining customer relations;
• Reconciliation and reporting of financial accounts/statements, including formatting/presenting for review to management;
• Analysis of financial transactions (AP, PO, GL) in the Corporate Financial System (CFS/CAS) or equivalent large financial system, including understanding of the modules interrelation;
• Troubleshooting systems, policy or process issues and finding resolution within approved policy/process;
• Developing financial resources (i.e. writing procedures, guides, developing forms etc.) and communicating to a diverse audience.
Preference may be given to candidates with experience in:
• Developing and modifying financial reports to address reporting needs, analyzing same to provide insight and recommendations;
• Business analysis, process modelling, business report design and development;
• Identifying and monitoring key financial metrics for compliance and adherence to financial policy;
• Procurement support and/or contract administration.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Job Profile – FO 21 Financial Analyst, Policy and Controls