D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work, and who want to be a part of something special. We are working to radically change what is possible with computers and are leading the effort to commercialize quantum computing.
D-Wave is the leader in quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our web service, LeapTM, is the only cloud service that delivers real-time access to a quantum computer (currently D-Wave’s 5000Q Advantage) and a full suite of open-source programming tools. Leap now has hybrid capabilities that combine the power of quantum and classical computers, analogous to the way a CPU works with a GPU, enabling the solution of very large problems. Software tools make programming easy, in languages like Python.
D-Wave customers include large organization organizations like Volkswagen, Save-on-Foods, DENSO, Lockheed Martin and Los Alamos National Labs, as well as smaller companies working in logistics, financial optimization and drug design.
Financial Project Analyst
D-Wave is looking for a Financial Project Analyst to join our team, reporting to our Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis. The successful candidate will be an exceptionally strong communicator, who helps to bridge the gap between the operations team and finance team.
You’ll be responsible for analyzing our business from a “project” perspective, and interfacing with our government funders. In addition, you will provide support with the budgeting and forecasting process, and other value-added project reporting.
Our team is a tight knit group who deeply understands that no one succeeds alone. We’re supportive, dynamic and responsive and are looking for someone to bring the same approach. The environment is constantly evolving, as D-Wave is a growing tech company. Managing multiple projects and prioritizing will be integral to succeeding at this role.
The health and safety of our candidates and employees are important to us. All of our candidates will be interviewed virtually and the successful candidate will be onboarded remotely during COVID-19, with access to the office if needed.
- Analyze key relevant information on the monthly performance against budget and forecasts, and work closely with the operations team to understand the drivers of any variances
- Work cross functionally with team leads in the technology, engineering, other departments as necessary to understand the costs and support ad hoc analysis
- Analyze internal and external reporting requirements, and maintaining cost reporting structure to meet these requirements. External reporting relates to quarterly government funding, as well as the annual SRED filing (Scientific Research & Development tax credits)
- Review project costs and timesheets on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy in reporting of the costs. Understand the vulnerabilities in the process to ensure no eligible costs are missing
- Take responsibility for the Time Reporting System; train new employees on the system; optimize the project coding
- Report compliance-related activities for Canadian and US state and federal filings, including government surveys.
- Ad hoc projects and analysis which may include monthly commission calculations, sales analytics, cap table maintenance, etc.
- Participate in the development, maintenance and maturation of the technology stack, including Netsuite and SalesForce
- 3+ years of experience in FP&A or within an Accounting team
- Strong analytical skills; ability to review reasonableness of results to internal management team as well as to the external organizations
- A passion for improving processes, automating through systems, constantly looking to improve
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, to work with multiple technical and business stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, and take initiative
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills; a strong project planner
- Ability to handle conflicting deadlines and priorities
- Experience with multi-currency and multi-subsidiary corporations
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (e.g. Macros, Pivot Tables etc), working with large volumes of data
Bonus Qualifications – exceptional candidates will have one or more of the following
- Government funding experience would be a strong asset
- Exposure to business intelligence software is an asset, including Power BI, as well as using ODBC Drivers
- Experience with ERP Systems, preferable with Netsuite
- CPA achieved, or in progress, could be an asset particularly with providing audit support for government funding.
D-Wave is passionate about building a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from a wide range of backgrounds, identities and experiences. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or provincial law.