AIG Insurance Company of Canada
AIG Canada is part of American International Group, Inc. a global insurance solutions provider serving more than 90 million clients in 80 countries and jurisdictions, with the support of over 48,000 employees worldwide.For over 50 years, AIG Insurance Company of Canada (AIG Canada) has been a national leader of insurance solutions within Canada. AIG Canada provides a wide range of business and consumer products through a large network of independent brokers and direct to consumers. With a workforce of approximately 430 dedicated insurance professionals, AIG Canada prides itself upon our innovative insurance products, underwriting expertise, and exceptional claims service. We are headquartered in Toronto, with additional offices in Vancouver and Montreal.
We currently have an opportunity available for a Financial Line Claims Analyst. This position is located in our Toronto office and reports to the VP Financial Lines Claims.
- Manage complex D&O, E&O, EPL, Financial Institutions, Fidelity, Fiduciary claims
- Prepare timely coverage assessments and issue coverage letters
- Determine judgmental value on all files in pending within a reasonable time frame and make presentations to management as necessary
- Timely review and implement reserves
- Monitor external counsel and ensure litigation guidelines are complied with
- Timely respond to calls from brokers, insureds, underwriting, home office and upper management regarding claims files
- Negotiate and settle claims within prescribed authority
- Conform to company procedures/best practices
- Legal degree strongly preferred
- A lawyer with demonstrated experience in commercial or insurance litigation preferably with an emphasis on D&O, E&O, Financial Institutions, Fidelity and / or Fiduciary claims
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Superior analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively and cooperatively in a fast paced busy team environment
- Ability to manage work load effectively and efficiently/ability to prioritize is essential
- Proficient computer skills in a busy paperless environment
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
CL – Claims
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Insurance Company of Canada