The Financial Analyst plays an essential role in growing talent in our business through collaboration and sharing best practices with the Retail Finance team. You know how to be curious about their opportunities and how to be real with feedback and support.
You play an essential role in developing, communicating and executing the company vision and enabling our departments to realise that vision through data-driven decision-making. As an Analyst, you hold sacred our Lush culture and values through fearless leadership and owning the experience of every employee in your client group and every spreadsheet you put in their hands. You grow talent by motivating, encouraging and coaching your peers and colleagues to their highest potential; you know how to be curious about business opportunities and find ways to make ambitions a reality and to be real with feedback and support.
The Financial Analyst uses professional competencies and business knowledge to enhance the level of financial insight and operational outlook used by decision-makers.
As a growing business, Lush need people that can adapt and evolve to the needs of our business, analyse and interpret metrics and translate strategy into behaviors which drive sales and improve profit. Our Lush employees live with purpose, finding their personal value connection with the values of our business, bringing their work and life paths into one holistic journey. #mylushlife
Reporting to the Senior Manager of FP&A the Financial Analyst undertakes the following RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to the North American sales team, responsible for the quality, relevance and timeliness of financial information and analysis
- Provide historical variance analysis for retail sales, costs
- Calculate monthly bonus trend reporting and quarterly pay-outs
- Forecast store(s) sales, inventory and labour
- Provide diagnostic analytics and predictive analytics for retail labour, and inventory
- Support and advises on annual and quarterly financial planning for assigned department(s)
- Link key performance indicators to department initiatives
- Responsible for costing and ROI on new initiatives
- Create monthly variance analysis and provide commentary
- Continually improve support to the business through assessing needs and providing forward looking insight
- Maintain and develops reports from multiple systems to generate meaningful data in a concise way
- Assist team to interpret financial and non-financial information to improve fact-based decision-making
- Continually work with the team to identify and evaluate areas of opportunity
- Provide peer support and development opportunities to team members
You bring the following QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in finance/accounting or related field
- 3-5 years of related retail FP&A experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work hard and calmly under pressure to achieve deadlines
- Flexibility and dedication to work extra hours as needed
- Excellent time management and a keen eye for detail
- Pro-active approach and initiative
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Accounting designation
- Knowledge of Microsoft iDynamics AX and/or Prophix
- Financial experience in the retail industry
- Financial experience in Inventory, Supply Chain or Logistics
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our staff and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.