Job Title: Financial Analyst, Physician Relations and CompensationWork Site: 601 W. Broadway – Vancouver
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible until end of March 2023
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Are you our next Financial Analyst for our Physician Relaions and Compensation team? Apply today to join the team at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Financial Analyst to join the Physician Relations and Compensation team in Vancouver. Apply today to join our team!
As a Financial Analyst for Physician Relations and Compensation you will:
- Be responsible for supporting planning, analysis and decision support related to physician contracts and funding.
- Be working on programs funded by the Ministry’s Alternative Payments Program, such as Clinical Service Contracts, Sessions and other Ministry programs, such as MOCAP, as well as physician services funded by Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), such as administrative services and non-Ministry funded service contracts.
- Analyze and evaluate the utilization of physician contract funding allocations, and support the provision of relevant information to other areas of VCH to ensure transparency and clear decision making.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field, plus three (3) to five (5) years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to identify and link business issues, financial results and strategy to the overall goals and objectives of the department/program.
- Excellent computer skills in order to access and manipulate data from various systems to produce financial and other analysis and reports.
- Strong analytical ability to meaningfully interpret and present data.
- Demonstrated project management, analytical and report writing and design skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and cooperative relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing including the ability to translate technical information for non-technical audiences.
- Ability to adapt and produce high quality results in a constantly changing and developing environment.
- Demonstrated time management skills and the ability to achieve stated outcomes.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet stated timelines.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff – both current and prospective – have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.