At Abbott, we’re committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 130 years, we’ve brought new products and technologies to the world – in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals – that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 109,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 160 countries we serve.
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Under the supervision of the Abbott Diabetes Care Finance Supervisor this role ensures appropriate integrity and reasonableness of financial data as well as compliance with Corporate/Divisional financial policies and procedures, and profound understanding of GAPP.
- Manage all aspects of A/R, collections follow up with UPS, sales deductions, rebates, chargebacks, penalties, damages and returns
- Track UPS and in-transit inventories by SKU. Keep updated reports for ME and LBE cycles
- Track freight and distribution invoices. Investigate spikes in charges and irregular activities.
- Monitor Daily Sales and timely flag any GM variations vs. Benchmark
- Support with Latest Best Estimate (LBE) planning process and month-end closing
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect sales deductions backups and ensure the claims are timely processed and approved in NAMS
- Provide deductions claims to UPS and ensure A/R Aging is up-to date in respect of the deductions clearing.
- Track on-hand/in-transit inventories and prepare ME reconciliations aligned with Demand forecasts.
- Investigate inventory counts adjustments (if unreasonable). Prepare ME entry.
- Perform Fixed Assets disposal on CMSNext. Review Fixed Asset reconciliation provided by CFS
- Track freight and distribution spending. Investigate unreasonable charges.
- Monitor daily sales and flag GM variances vs. Benchmark.
- The individual should have good analytical skills. The information provided to management will be used to make decisions and to take corrective measures in order to achieve planned results. Due to the characteristics of the job he/she should have a sense of urgency and should be able to prioritize projects effectively.
- The individual should be self-motivated, show initiative and be able to work under pressure.
KEY INTERFACES (internal and external)
- Third Party “Order-to-Cash” service provider (UPS)
- Third Party Direct-to-Patient (DTP) partner (Bayshore)
- Vendors – Customers
- Sales, Commercial Operations, Marketing teams
- Abbott Canada Head Office CFS (Montreal)
- ADC Head Office (California)
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Finance/Accounting)
- Three to 5 years related experience
Abbott Canada is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without discrimination based on factors such as race, sex, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, disability, age, citizenship, family or marital status, political beliefs, sexual preference or other factors included in human rights legislation.
Our diversity goals for recruitment, hiring, and retention are embedded in our corporate goals, and our diversity initiatives are supported by the highest level of the organization.
We strongly believe that a diverse workforce fosters more creative and innovative thinking throughout the organization. Creating an inclusive environment, where everyone is respected and valued, enables us to leverage our diversity as a business driver and strengthens our position as a global leader.
Abbott strives to promote and maintain an inclusive, high-performing culture that allows all employees to reach their full potential and contribute to Abbott’s success.
Join Our Talent Community to learn about upcoming job opportunities or connect with us at Abbott Canada , on LinkedIN , on Facebook and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @Abbott Global.
Financial Planning and Analysis
ADC Diabetes Care
Canada > Mississauga: Suite #100-4310 Sherwoodtowne Blvd
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: