Who We Are
BGIS is a leading provider of customized facility management and real estate services. With our combined team of over 6,500 globally, we relentlessly focus on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively looking for new opportunities that will enable innovation for our clients’ businesses. Globally, we manage over 320 million square feet of client portfolios across 30,000 locations in North America, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia.
Further information is available at www.bgis.com
The Financial Analyst II provides complex transactional support for a process within an accounting cycle and/or full cycle accounting support for small scope contract(s) or business unit(s). At this level, the incumbent typically supports multiple portfolios or business units.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides complex transactional support for a process within an accounting cycle and/or full cycle accounting support for small scope contract(s) or business unit(s).
- Completes and resolves assigned account reconciliations.
- Prepares, gathers, consolidates and reports routine data.
- Prepares routine monthly reports.
- Prepares monthly client invoices.
- Prepares and reconciles basic audit working papers. Maintains accurate and complete records for audits. Gathers audit support data upon request. Documentation is reviewed prior to submission.
- Reviews results to determine accrual entries in coordination with internal managers.
- Reconciles month end results for simple contract(s) or business unit(s) for sub ledger reconciliations.
- Prepares month end journal entries.
- Enters data to sub ledger systems and direct to G/L.
- Identifies complex and resolves basic transactional accounting discrepancies. May require management involvement.
- Identifies and recommends process improvement opportunities at an account level following IFRS procedures.
- Prepares memos and provides variance explanations. Summarizes findings and recommendations. Provides input to process documentations.
FINANCE SPECIFIC-JOB SCOPE/DEFINITION
- Multiple portfolio
Complexity of Accounting
- Transactional accounting across simple business unit(s)
- Ability to complete and resolve assigned basic account reconciliations independently.
- Understanding of audit requirements
Involvement in Full Cycle Accounting
- Complex transactional support for a process within an accounting cycle
- Provide full cycle accounting support for small scope contract or business unit
Preparation of Financial Information
- Prepares, gathers, consolidates and reports routine data
Reporting Audience/User of Financial Information
- Internal vertical and external linear reporting
- Prepares and reconciles basic audit working papers
- Maintains accurate and complete records for audits
- Gathers audit support data upon request
- Documentation is reviewed prior to submission
Operations vs. Strategic Decisions
- Support operational decisions
- Impact financial reporting
- Identification of complex and resolution of basic transactional accounting discrepancies
- Requires management involvement
- Identification and recommendation of process improvement opportunities at an account level following GAAP procedures.
Interaction with Client/Management
- Some client/vendor interaction with transactional level client representatives to provide data
MINIMUM EDUCATION: University Degree and currently pursuing (or compelted) an accounting designation
JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years or more
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to identify complex and resolve basic transactional accounting discrepancies
- Ability to identify and recommend process improvement opportunities at an account level following GAAP procedures.
- Ability to communicate basic accounting principles to support procedures and to explain financial results within the team and to internal customers.
- Ability to prepare memos, provide variance explanations and input to process documentations, and write summaries of findings and recommendations.
- Intermediate level knowledge of current accounting systems and MS Office suite of software
- Bilingualism in French and English (written and spoken) considered an asset
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- Partially completed an Accounting designation program (CGA, CMA, CPA)
At BGIS we believe that diversity and inclusion is a key business driver, such that we never lose sight of its importance as it is woven into the fabric of our organization. We are committed to maintaining a barrier-free recruitment process by providing equal employment opportunities through recruiting and retention of individuals of all backgrounds. We recognize that promoting diversity is an essential component of our continuing pursuit for organizational success!