At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering millions of packages each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. Amazon is seeking a Financial Analyst to support critical functions for Amazon Logistics – our rapidly expanding internal delivery operation, purpose-built to achieve and exceed the delivery quality and speed demands of Amazon customers.
This Financial Analyst will be primarily responsible for business partnering, decision support, controllership and operations cost reduction. This role requires extensive cross-functional partnership with various retail, transportation, and finance teams to identify best practices across the network and lead cost improvement efforts for operations.
• Expertise in collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful analyses to lead business improvement and cost reductions
• Develop and maintain key reporting metrics
• Identify and develop key business opportunities and drive efficiency while balancing customer promise
• Partner across Operations and Retail to drive continuous improvement in financial and operational performance
• Ensure timely and accurate metrics and forecasts are created and maintained
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or a highly analytical field (e.g. Engineering, Math, and Computer Science).
• A minimum of 3 years of professional work experience in Finance combined with relevant training & education may also be considered.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• An eye towards continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate and simplify both finance and operational processes
• Experience in a business partnering role
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, VBA, SQL and other analytical tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.